Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Delivery in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
270XX LR AWD 20" MSM/Black FSD

0bIsZjA.jpg

EiVEOHp.jpg

Yes, I paid via ACH, waited until I checked out the car before I entered any info. Called the delivery advisor and told her I did it, its fairly instant. They just need to know they have a valid ACH account, or they will take a check too. They were very low pressure about it.

Prob nothing. Most modern manufacturing has moved to inline QC and automated checks. QC is non-value added in manufacturing and is really not necessary provided the designs and automation of assembly are great. But it takes time to implement all the automation for the checks of defects that were not originally expected. If you need QC, then you should just fix the root cause, not inspect for it. Thats really modern manufacturing 101 which Tesla is pushing vs a traditional auto maker. Not trying to give them a pass, but of some of the minor alignment issues I had on mine, I can completely understand (I am a manufacturing engineer) how they can happen on the manufacturing line as most of them were tolerance stackups that would have been hard to catch early in the assembly process until everything was complete. You are not going to build a qc/fix building at the factory to fix these immediately, its a waste of money. Have the local SCs fix it and give the feedback of the issues to the factory and they can implement tighter controls to prevent it in the future. Continuous improvement...

Understood, but delivery team was very good about taking pictures and creating a service ticket immediately to ensure things will be taken care of. No delays at all.

Here is mine...

5CM2ir8.jpg

Thanks for the Pics Ryan, charge port looks flush. Congrats n Enjoy the ride man...

• Disagree
Reactions: BlindPass
I do say the delivery process is pretty easy at Paramus but the service center is another story. I dropped off my model y on 7/14 and to this day it is still in service. They had given me an update the day after I had dropped it off saying they were transferring it a Tesla certified auto body shop to correct the paint. I had received no further information or follow up and my app was displaying the estimated date of completion on 7/22. Fast forward to a day before the estimated date of completion. Still no update and checking on the app, my MY had been sitting in Wayne NJ. I decided to text the SA regarding the status and informed him that if I do not receive any news I am to assume that the car would be ready as per the date reflected on my app. That is when he decides to finally contact me back and stated that they are still correcting paint issues but we’re having delays due to the heat and humidity. I would be understanding if they had just kept me up to date on what’s going but looking from the outside in, it appears it’s just parked in a lot up in Wayne just sitting there. Every day I had checked and it appeared that car was just parked there because the inside cabin temp hardly ever went below 110 degrees f. After I had complained this past Tuesday regarding the lack of information I was getting I finally got a text on Wednesday saying that they expect the car back this past ffriday where they will start addressing the other issues. Again no further information or follow up since. As I sit her typing this, again I checked my app and it is still sitting in wayne with the battery just draining. Again I understand that other vehicles are being serviced but I find it unacceptable that it seems that no one has a clue and just give me lip service just so I stop inquiring and getting upset. Save yourself the frustration with Paramus (if you have to get your vehicle serviced). See the screenshot below. My vehicle had been moved to this location last week and has moved a total of two miles.

Attachments

• E580AB23-7C04-4183-A44A-14B979B3E84B.jpeg
    E580AB23-7C04-4183-A44A-14B979B3E84B.jpeg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Informative
Reactions: macanjr
I took delivery of mY on 8/1/2020 from Paramus as well. I arrived 10 minutes early, informed them, waited 5 minutes past the appointment, but my Tesla Advisor was apparently out on a test drive and I never got to see him in person. I took the time to check out the cars on the lot awaiting pickup, but I didn't see any obvious issues. FYI, bathrooms are closed for COVID, but it was so hot that I sweated it all out. :p

Another advisor pulled up my car, nice and clean. The steering wheel and screen had factory screen protector on, but there were no paper floor mats. 15 miles on odometer.

I was pretty paranoid about potential issues, but to my elation, I only found very minor fit issues like passenger door window molding protruding 1/4", trunk about 1/8" to one side, etc. that I won't even bother having adjusted. Red on white, 7/20 manufacture, VIN 324xx.

2 real issues though:
  1. About an inch of stitching in driver seat back had unraveled. I've scheduled a repair for this.
  2. I successfully tested SC, but home 110V mobile charger repeatedly has latching issue, although it does charge after several tries. I'll have this looked at as well.
Another note: Even if Tesla promises rate match is all set (Everence 1.99% / BofA 2.15% vs Tesla-arranged US Bank 2.49% 5yr), you still need the official bank approval letter, which in turn requires the "full" MVPA with "Final Price Sheet". Pre-approval letter is insufficient for Tesla corporate's rate match (they actually send you a refund check). After receiving confirmation from Tesla advisor that everything was settled a week before delivery, he called me 2 hours before delivery that they don't have the right paperwork. They promised to fix it within 7 days, but I'm not holding my breath (I'd lose ~$600).

Attachments

• seat stitching.jpg
    seat stitching.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 35