Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great delivery story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen so many horror stories on here about deliveries, I thought I’d share a positive experience.

I placed an order for a used 2016.5 model S 90D on 12/22. In a few hours I was contacted by my delivery assistant. This person was amazing throughout the whole process. Answered calls, returned texts immediately, etc. the car was shipped from NY to Chicago with an initial ETA of 1/2. Got a call on 12/28 that the car had arrived and set an appointment for 12/31 to take delivery.

When I arrived, the car was cleaned, charged, and a sales associate let me inspect the outside and inside before even mentioning payment (brought a cashiers check) or signing anything. There were two small issues, a cracked mirror cap and the corner of a door panel was loose. They fixed the door panel on the spot, and put the mirror on a due bill and will be taken care of next week.

Drove the car from Chicago to Madison and it performs marvelously.

Just wanted to post a positive story about buying a used car from Tesla. I was almost scared out of it from reading this forum, but glad I went through with it! Happy new year!

Congratulations and welcome to the Forums. I took delivery 3 years ago in late December of my 75. Service in many areas has I’m sure gone down due to the growth of Tesla in recent years. But I must say I have had great experiences with the few visits I’ve had here in the Dallas area. I think sometimes it’s a bit of chance and luck depending on where in the country you are.
But I’ll bet that’s true of any dealerships maintenance places.

Reactions: drdumont and DBO.
Bought my M3 in Sept 2020 and must say, the car buying process is SO much better than any other dealership. We were gone in the car in 30min but that was my delay as I removed the hubcaps on the lot and added the Tesla button wheel caps and I had too many questions on how to work the Tesla (first time owner).

I helped by in-law buy a used Honda a few weeks ago and we were there for about 4hrs, it was over 3 after they tried to add $2000 addons and up sales. Great car but horrible time.

- Murph

Reactions: EVortex
Ordered an MS in 2015. It was built and delivered within 30 days as promised. SC did a good job of delivering, No defects initially. Not long after, 12 volt battery was not up to par (only issue to date). Tesla Roadside came and replaced it. No complaints after 5+ years. Best car I have ever owned.

I purchased a 2016 facelift/AP1 75D through Tesla on 12/6/20. I had requested a callback a few days prior, and the representative was very helpful. However, after the purchase, it was almost a week before I heard anything back. I had to have it shipped from Maryland to Orlando. The process for pickup was confusing because I received texts and emails with conflicting information. I didn't receive the instructions for how to make a payment until the day before (I paid via ACH).

I thought it was a little strange that Tesla doesn't show real pictures of the car online, but I was actually able to find some by googling the VIN, so that was helpful.

When I arrived to pickup the car, one of the emails said it would be touchless and that there was a tent where someone would guide me. There was no tent or attendant and I ended up going inside, so it definitely wasn't touchless.

The associate who helped me was very friendly and nice. She didn't really walk me through anything, but I already kind of knew what I was doing from watching the videos. The car was very clean, but had lots of swirl marks in the paint. The only issue I noticed was that one of the tail lights in the hatch had moisture, but I was able to setup an appointment immediately, which was nice.

The car was only at 53%, so I got to learn about how super chargers worked on the way home, which was kind of fun.

I've really enjoyed the car, but I do have a service appointment to handle several issues:

- Taillights have moisture or debris in them
- Rear cup holder doesn't present when pressed
- Passenger headlight hums for a significant duration after parking the car. I understand this could be an issue with the headlight that causes the fan to stay on for extended periods.
- The front passenger door is out of alignment (sagging). It was probably delivered this way.
- The front windows bow out when fully closed, so they don't seal. There's no wear at all on the seal corners that press against the top corner of the window, so they've probably been out of adjustment since delivery.
- I get charging errors in the alerts screen if I wake up the car by opening a door while it's plugged in. This happens with both of the gen 1 UMCs I have.
- I've received a key not detected error on several occasions even with a fresh battery in the fob.
- Twice now, the touchscreen hasn't turned on when entering the vehicle. Bluetooth and A/C still work, but I have to reset the display. I wonder if my MCU is starting to fall.

The car came with the front license plate bracket installed, which I decided to remove. However, when I got the bracket off, I discovered that the bumper had been repainted with the bracket still installed. I decided to reinstall the bracket instead of bothering with having the bumper re-cleared for now.

So far, I'm very happy with the car, but I'm also glad that I purchased it through Tesla with the 1 year warranty. They've already provided a $0 estimate for several of the items on my list (I've added more since then). Hopefully the SC will be able to get these issues resolved without too much trouble.