TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Great experience with electrician in McKinney, TX

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Rockster, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

#1 Rockster, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    In anticipation of receiving my P85 this week, I just had an electrician install a 50-amp breaker and run a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. While he was there, I told him that we may install a HPWC at some point in the future if we decide we want the quick turnaround, so he also put in a 100-amp breaker and ran #3 lines to the spot on the wall where we would put the HPWC. He capped off the HPWC lines and also taped off the disabled 100-amp breaker in the meantime. While he was in there, I had him put another 120 v outlet on the same wall because there wasn't an outlet on that wall for power tools, etc. This he added to the existing circuit for the garage outlets.

The 50-amp and 100-amp lines he ran were about six feet from my breaker box.

The total cost for this was my Angie's list coupon for $150 labor (up to 1.5 hours) plus $200 parts. (The 100-amp breaker alone was $70.)

Really nice guy. For $350 total, I think I got a really fair deal. Best of all, when we get the HPWC one day, he can swing back by and hook it up in about 15 minutes.

PM me if you want his contact information.