Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great interview 8-16-18 Elon calls our X's '...hubris'...but we LOVE THEM!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He needs to know how much we love them! And how they need to stay a supported and evolving part of the Tesla product line!

I like my obese Model S AKA Model X but I wonder how Tesla's trajectory would have changed if it did not have FWD.

You generally have to accept/love FWD to get an X but its your baby so that skews opinions.

When Tesla has a crack at Model Y or a significant rework of Model X, we can see which way they wish they leaned probably.

I found the interview very positive and somewhat at odds with the NYTimesbone I mean he didn’t seem like a shell of a man on the edge.

Either way I agree the MX is like marmite, so many people I know like the FWD but for every lover there is a hater

I think the MS is a sexy car but I love the booty of the MX

I like my obese Model S AKA Model X but I wonder how Tesla's trajectory would have changed if it did not have FWD.

You generally have to accept/love FWD to get an X but its your baby so that skews opinions.

When Tesla has a crack at Model Y or a significant rework of Model X, we can see which way they wish they leaned probably.

I'm going to have to guess they lean towards normal doors. I'm basing this on the Model 3 being the "bet the company" project. Not only in the type of car, but also in the usage of parts. With all the extra sensors, buttons, motors, etc. in the FWD; I wouldn't be suprised if a pair of FWDs alone contained more wiring than the total goal for the Model Y (Tesla has said ~328 ft compared to 5,000ft in the M3)

Reactions: MXWing
I'm going to have to guess they lean towards normal doors. I'm basing this on the Model 3 being the "bet the company" project. Not only in the type of car, but also in the usage of parts. With all the extra sensors, buttons, motors, etc. in the FWD; I wouldn't be suprised if a pair of FWDs alone contained more wiring than the total goal for the Model Y (Tesla has said ~328 ft compared to 5,000ft in the M3)

I concur. Thinking more about it, seems suicidal to have that kind of complexity for a car around $40,000-$45,000 for the base.

I wonder what happens with the X? Still FWD on a significant redesign?