Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Lakes Dragaway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the way to a Wisconsin campout this weekend, I stopped by the Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI (Great Lakes Dragaway ) with my Model S. It was a fantastic experience and I recommend it for anyone who wants to go fast in a relatively safe, legal environment. I paid my 45 dollars and got unlimited runs on their quarter mile dragstrip, complete with starting tree and electronic timing. My Performance S did the quarter mile in 13.206 at 101 mph. I've seen others post better numbers, but I have lots of excuses: I had about a 70 percent charge, my car was loaded with camping gear (including a cooler of beer), it was 35 degrees with a brisk headwind/crosswind, and the track was very "green", since weather had only allowed one other day of racing this season. I can't wait to go back, maybe on a nice day where they turn off the scoreboard timer and encourage people to gamble on races.

Nice. with camping gear.

I did a drag last night. maybe 12 1/4 mile runs racing various cars on a non prepped drag strip w/out lights or timing ;<
the track was super slippery so the fastest I could do a 0-60 was about 4.8 and my 1/4 mile times were all around 13.1 - 13.6 I was hitting 105-110 mph when I crossed the 1/4 mark
It was hella fun though and free. Just line up with whoever wants to race and go for it! with a flag start

next street legal race w/ timing lights and tickets will be in June I think. Should be fun

An update that I think reflects the effect of temperature: I went back to GLD today and made several runs at between 12.74 and 12.77 seconds for the quarter mile, at between 105 and 108 mph. The 40 degrees in higher temperature resulted in about a half a second quicker runs. I beat my buddy in his 911 by a full two seconds.