Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Ocean Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This snow season i had my first trip till mount buller and wanted to use the destnation charger at Sebel and the place was ICEd i spoke to three different staff members and none was ready to help as i wasn't staying there and my range had droppped more than expected in the snow finally one staff helped me out but with a heavy heart ,the whole experience of using a destnation charger for the first time makes me feel uncomfortable using the chargers for anymore trips if i am not staying and i would only like to supercharging or take my Other Gas car for long trips as i dont want to feel unwelcomed .

This snow season i had my first trip till mount buller and wanted to use the destnation charger at Sebel and the place was ICEd i spoke to three different staff members and none was ready to help as i wasn't staying there and my range had droppped more than expected in the snow finally one staff helped me out but with a heavy heart ,the whole experience of using a destnation charger for the first time makes me feel uncomfortable using the chargers for anymore trips if i am not staying and i would only like to supercharging or take my Other Gas car for long trips as i dont want to feel unwelcomed .
The Sebel charger is listed as for customers only, had you arranged beforehand to be able to use it? There's always an ice-ing risk with destination chargers but you can minimise that by making sure staff are expecting you. This is particularly true if you want to use a charger at a place which is not your 'destination', in which case the etiquette is to ask beforehand and offer to pay (unless they flag them as available to the public).

Reactions: Icey and Mark E