TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Great planning resource for range

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by LovelyCarrot, Nov 16, 2016.

1. LovelyCarrot

LovelyCarrot Member

Hi all there's a great planning resource that I found here How Far Can I Travel

With this tool you can calculate range around a point taking major roads into account, not just a general circle. Results can then be input into Google Maps to be saved. I used this to generate a 75 mile "no charging roundrip" range in the Seattle area to give me an idea of what I can safely travel to and back with no anxiety. I used 70 to account for 50% uptick on energy usage, so that's a LOT of pad. I also have a "max 1 way" range map. If you output to Google My Maps you can also add pins for Superchargers etc.

I know evtripplanner gives very accurate results on a specific route or set of markers, but this gives you an at-a-glance understanding of your range for day-to-day and weekend drives, rather than road trips.

If you put it on Most Accurate (slow), it does take upward of 10 mins to calculate, but once calculated you can export to Google My Maps so you don't have to calc it again.

This isn't my site, so props and thanks to the developer.

Enjoy!

• Informative x 1
  2. David99

David99 Active Member

There is hardly a situation where I have no direction but still want to know how far I can go :)
    I'm not sure where would this tool be helpful?

3. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

I will be sure to consult this before planning my next (and first) bank robbery in a Tesla...

4. LovelyCarrot

LovelyCarrot Member

I used it mostly to get a mental idea of when I need to plan trips or skip that noise and just head out with confidence and no navi.