Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Rim Rash Repair - Grey 20” on P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re in the Los Angeles Area I totally recommend DS Mobile Wheel Repair. Carlos, the owner, is a one man show. He does mobile wheel repair and came to my house. I hit a curb entering Westfield Century City and was pretty upset. Started asking for quotes on Yelp and Carlos got back to me right away. The quotes I got ranged from $75-$150/ wheel. I sent him a picture and said he didn’t have that color. He said if I could find the color code he would find it and take $25 off his price. He found the color after I sent him the color code. He charged me $50. Barely noticeable unless you look at it from a few inches away.

Attachments

• 9EBF940D-E51E-4813-80D1-0D2921853773.png
    9EBF940D-E51E-4813-80D1-0D2921853773.png
    268.3 KB · Views: 708
  • 6DAE9FC3-F773-4EE8-8338-623FFABA996D.jpeg
    6DAE9FC3-F773-4EE8-8338-623FFABA996D.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 657
  • 9E16CD87-7569-412E-B18B-40210AF06435.jpeg
    9E16CD87-7569-412E-B18B-40210AF06435.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 616
If you’re in the Los Angeles Area I totally recommend DS Mobile Wheel Repair. Carlos, the owner, is a one man show. He does mobile wheel repair and came to my house. I hit a curb entering Westfield Century City and was pretty upset. Started asking for quotes on Yelp and Carlos got back to me right away. The quotes I got ranged from $75-$150/ wheel. I sent him a picture and said he didn’t have that color. He said if I could find the color code he would find it and take $25 off his price. He found the color after I sent him the color code. He charged me $50. Barely noticeable unless you look at it from a few inches away.

I will second this recommendation, I just had Carlos repair my rim rash. I was beyond upset yesterday when I rashed it, he came out the same day I called him and it is a darn near flawless repair.

He charged me $100 and was done in 30 minutes. No sense in an after pic because the camera can’t even catch the repair spot!

Attachments

• 1BB4A46C-4607-429E-A5EC-DC2575404E21.jpeg
    1BB4A46C-4607-429E-A5EC-DC2575404E21.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 524

Good looking Rims. Are they plasti dipped?

Thanks for the info on the touch up paint code.

Do you have the exact code for the 2020 Model 3 Performance 20" Wheels ?
- Midnight Silver, Onyx Black OR Matt Gray ?

I can definitely tell you the color is NOT midnight silver, as indicated by the OP. that color is a perfect match for my neighbors 2020 model S. But it does not match my 2020 model 3P wheels in dark gray. I purchased from from touchupdirect.com.

I’m trying to figure out the correct color now, again. They guarantee a match, but they now want me to tell them which one.

Any suggestions? I’m inclined to believe the corrrect color is the one they say is for a hubcap, Matt gray metallic.

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I can definitely tell you the color is NOT midnight silver, as indicated by the OP. that color is a perfect match for my neighbors 2020 model S. But it does not match my 2020 model 3P wheels in dark gray. I purchased from from touchupdirect.com.

I’m trying to figure out the correct color now, again. They guarantee a match, but they now want me to tell them which one.

Any suggestions? I’m inclined to believe the corrrect color is the one they say is for a hubcap, Matt gray metallic.
Let me know how it plays out for you. All I can say is after he finished repairing my curb rash I saw no variation in color and it looked like the day I picked it up from Tesla.

professional painter, he figured out how to make it work. TouchUpDirect is sending me both Sonic Carbon and also Matt gray metallic, the only other colors they list for 2020 Model 3 wheels that are close to the correct color. They may be as wrong as Midnight Silver.

they list Matt gray metallic as the color for a “hubcap”. Probably for the aero wheel covers, since the lug nut colors on my wheels are black, not gray or metallic.

If this does not work I’m back to trying to use Ford or other manufacturer colors as others have said were close.

Anyone in the Seattle area have a body shop or service that can touch up wheels and have had good outcome? Would love someone to come to my house and fix my wheel curb for $50-75 bucks.

professional painter, he figured out how to make it work. TouchUpDirect is sending me both Sonic Carbon and also Matt gray metallic, the only other colors they list for 2020 Model 3 wheels that are close to the correct color. They may be as wrong as Midnight Silver.

they list Matt gray metallic as the color for a “hubcap”. Probably for the aero wheel covers, since the lug nut colors on my wheels are black, not gray or metallic.

If this does not work I’m back to trying to use Ford or other manufacturer colors as others have said were close.

Anyone in the Seattle area have a body shop or service that can touch up wheels and have had good outcome? Would love someone to come to my house and fix my wheel curb for $50-75 bucks.
Also located in Seattle and Tesla recommended using SameDay to repair my curbed sport wheels. I believe they charged $150/wheel and I was not able to find any cheaper options.