Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great September Delivery Push

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they mention anything about when/how the vehicle would be sent to TX and where it's coming from?

They told me that only once I paid in full can the vehicle me marked as ready for shipping and, after payment is received, it's to be sent by rail from California to TX. From what I've been reading here, the CA->DFW transit by rail is expected to take some two weeks, and then the vehicle would be transported farther by truck, if necessary.

Your payment/delivery dates imply either a much quicker shipping method or that perhaps the car is somewhere closer to Texas at the moment. Did they give you any such details or did they just give you a date and that was it?

Did they mention anything about when/how the vehicle would be sent to TX and where it's coming from?

They told me that only once I paid in full can the vehicle me marked as ready for shipping and, after payment is received, it's to be sent by rail from California to TX. From what I've been reading here, the CA->DFW transit by rail is expected to take some two weeks, and then the vehicle would be transported farther by truck, if necessary.

Your payment/delivery dates imply either a much quicker shipping method or that perhaps the car is somewhere closer to Texas at the moment. Did they give you any such details or did they just give you a date and that was it?
Hard to say. Mine was transported by truck. Others have gone by rail.

No mention of where the car was located. Delivery date accepted prior to finalizing trade-in.

A few weeks ago, I received an email from Tesla asking me to chose a date and time for my delivery. I picked 9/26 @ 10:00 and the time was confirmed and showed up in my Tesla account.

Fast forward to today and the Tesla Service Center in Indianapolis has received the check for the car from my credit union and I have a finalized MVPA.

I decided to call Tesla to see if my car is in transit. They told me my car just left California and it will be in Ohio by 9/28, oblivious to the fact my delivery in Indiana says 9/26. No one can give me a straight answer but I am expecting a delayed delivery at this point.

I'm happy I called because I am turning in my leased vehicle prior to picking up my Model 3. I guess that's on hold for a bit.

On 9/6, delivery was scheduled for Mon 9/24 in Westmont IL. I got a VIN yesterday morning on my account. Last night I got an email cancelling the delivery and asking to reschedule for 10/1. I replied immediately. Of course, my account still shows the 9/24 delivery date.

Reserved 3/31/2016.

Ordered P3D 8/25/2018, used a friend's referral code.

First contacted 9/6/2018 to schedule delivery, said the car would be available 9/22/2018

Stopped at my local service center on 9/12/2018, asking if they had any more info, sales manager found my VIN, but said it looks like the car might be delayed three or four days (no explanation why). She told me cars are transported by train to Chicago, then by truck to Minnesota.

Still waiting for followup call from the scheduling people.

Sales manager implied that they were scrambling to deliver as many cars in Q3 as possible, and she was planning on being at work until 11:59pm on 9/29. (No Sunday auto sales in Minnesota.)

9/1 Ordered RWD/MSM/aero no EAP/FSD
9/4 1st IDA email contact, congrats your car is built!
9/5 IDA email: VIN & delivery date set for 10/1
9/6 MVPA docusign sent
9/10 IDA email: Hey, we can deliver sooner! How about 9/27 or 9/28? - chose 9/28
9/14 MVPA executed and emailed to IDA
9/18 IDA email: you're good to go, bring your check to delivery. peace out.

I'll call the delivery center early next week just to make sure things are still on track. IDA has been super responsive start to finish.

8/28 Ordered long range AWD w/ EAP.
9/6 Contacted to schedule delivery, but no VIN. Scheduled for 9/27.
9/19 (today) - Still no VIN, and no action on my trade-in.

With only a week until 9/27, I'm expecting this is going to be delayed. I can't even get Lightstream to rate beat yet because the credit union I'm working with won't give me a "final approval" until they have a VIN.

Let's reserve this thread for tales/notes from those who
1. Got their delivery notification within the last ~2 weeks
2. Have delivery date scheduled within the next ~2 weeks

Can Tesla pull this off? I'm interested in delays/failures, success stories, issues that lie somewhere in between, all of it. How'd the trade in go? How'd the financing go?

Not interested in your configs, locations, attempts at trying to figure out exactly how Tesla is deciding who gets what when, or sob stories about how you don't have a car yet. Thanks.

My deets: Contacted 2 weeks ago, set up delivery for 9/28, was allowed to send in trade-in info (no offer yet). Told VIN would be available 3 days before delivery, which does not give me a warm fuzzy. Good luck everyone!
This thread need to include location info. I suspect zero delays in Freemont...but more delays East Coast

When my date was rescheduled they updated my delivery date on my page and my VIN disappeared. Did they pull that car and deliver it to someone else or is it just programming in the system and since I am more than a week away it disappeared and then it will reappear when I am 7 days out?

So I just called the local office, as people seem to have had success doing so. They took my info, and acted surprised when I had a delivery date next week with no VIN, and said they would call back. 20 min later I get an email from "Jackie" in Vegas (I'm not in Vegas) asking to confirm all my details, but still no VIN? Connected? Who knows. I still do not have a warm fuzzy.