Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skipdd

Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2015
Silver Spring, MD
Thought I would do a shoutout for my local SC (Rockville, MD), as most postings I see are negative (understandable), and like others, I track the quality "regression line" anecdotally to help decide if/when I might upgrade.

Had my 50k service done this week. Some minor things I asked them to look at - bluetooth phone connection on my iPhone was spotty. Contacts no longer available, no linked caller ID on incoming calls (just the ANI), phone randomly disconnects. And an occassional clunking sound in the rear motor when rolling to a stop. They could not reproduce that one, and found nothing. They fixed the bluetooth issue - I was kind of expecting them to tell me my IOS needed to be upgraded, but that wasnt the case. I think the thing that fixed it, was they cleared out the buffer on the MCU. One of the techs explained and showed me how the car records every time you drive as a "trip" and retains that info in the buffer. You can clear that out and it really speeds up performance. Just like getting rid of temp files on my laptop.

I also had a bad case of curb rash (in my case, I'd say curb attack:) ). They have a local wheel company who cleaned that up and painted them, and they look new! For a whole lot less than replacing the wheels.

I also had a "what if I do this" question that's always worried me - the way you put the car into Park by pressing the button on the end of the right stalk. I could imagine being tired one day and confusing myself between my wife's ICE and the Tesla and depressing Park by mistake thinking it was the wiper wash:(. Turns out it wont destroy the car, and in fact, in the unlikely event that one should lose one's brakes, if you depress the Park button and hold it in while driving, the car will detect it, realize you are trying to stop and slow the car down until it stops as an emergency action! ((Note that if you do this, it has a potential impact to other parts - I forget the specifics, but the Tech said you'd be wise to bring it in to make sure everything is checked before continuing to drive. Just saying, in case some of you want to try it out)

Everything was done efficiently and well. Overall, a great experience.

Thought I would do a shoutout for my local SC (Rockville, MD), as most postings I see are negative (understandable), and like others, I track the quality "regression line" anecdotally to help decide if/when I might upgrade.

Had my 50k service done this week. Some minor things I asked them to look at - bluetooth phone connection on my iPhone was spotty. Contacts no longer available, no linked caller ID on incoming calls (just the ANI), phone randomly disconnects. And an occassional clunking sound in the rear motor when rolling to a stop. They could not reproduce that one, and found nothing. They fixed the bluetooth issue - I was kind of expecting them to tell me my IOS needed to be upgraded, but that wasnt the case. I think the thing that fixed it, was they cleared out the buffer on the MCU. One of the techs explained and showed me how the car records every time you drive as a "trip" and retains that info in the buffer. You can clear that out and it really speeds up performance. Just like getting rid of temp files on my laptop.

I also had a bad case of curb rash (in my case, I'd say curb attack:) ). They have a local wheel company who cleaned that up and painted them, and they look new! For a whole lot less than replacing the wheels.

I also had a "what if I do this" question that's always worried me - the way you put the car into Park by pressing the button on the end of the right stalk. I could imagine being tired one day and confusing myself between my wife's ICE and the Tesla and depressing Park by mistake thinking it was the wiper wash:(. Turns out it wont destroy the car, and in fact, in the unlikely event that one should lose one's brakes, if you depress the Park button and hold it in while driving, the car will detect it, realize you are trying to stop and slow the car down until it stops as an emergency action! ((Note that if you do this, it has a potential impact to other parts - I forget the specifics, but the Tech said you'd be wise to bring it in to make sure everything is checked before continuing to drive. Just saying, in case some of you want to try it out)

Everything was done efficiently and well. Overall, a great experience.

Great post.
If the clunking sound gets worse and even starts to do it as you accelerate they will need to pack the rear wheel with grease and replace a nut. I don't remember the specific part names but if gets worse pm me and I'll look up my invoice.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kbra