Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With less than 1000 miles on our new MS, we got a huge nail in one of the tires. It happened some time on Saturday and I got the TPMS warning on Sunday morning. First I went down to my local tire shop just to see if it could be patched, but no luck because it was in the sidewall. So called TSLA roadside assistance. They were at my house within an hour and put a loaner wheel+tire on the car, and took mine down to the service center (actually it was a local tow service that TSLA contracts with, and the driver had to bring his supervisor out to tell him how to handle things, but it went very smoothly). I had already made an appointment at the service center for Monday afternoon for a couple of new-car punchlist items. I went to the appointment, they took care of everything including the tire, and extra bonus was they were nice enough to comp me the tire. They didn't have to do that because (unlike pretty much every tire shop) TSLA doesn't have any kind of road hazard warranty on their tires, but they did it anyway because it sucks to ruin a brand new tire.

Interesting fact for folks with the 21" wheels: TSLA roadside assistance only stocks 19" loaner wheels but the phone support person told me that their engineers have deemed it perfectly safe to use the car with a mixture of wheel/tire sizes and they fully support that. That's nice because if this happens again I won't have to worry about the roadside assistance folks having a 21" wheel in stock, which was a concern when I first realized that the car has no spare. I could not feel any difference at all, driving with one odd-sized wheel on the right rear.

All in all a very nice service call, hope they all work out as well.

While I'm glad you had a positive experience, mine didn't go all that great when I went to SC yesterday to have air compressor replaced. First, SC didn't call me to notify when they got the part on Thursday. I could've made an appointment sooner which would've been more convenient for me but by the time I called to follow up, they were already booked until Monday.

Once I got to SC, the service technician said that it would take about 2 hours to get the part replaced. I opted to wait in the lounge. Two hours go by and I get no update on how much more time it would take. I asked one of the staff members and he was kind enough to check and let me know it would be another 40 minutes. Once again, after 45 minutes I still don't get any word and it took them another 30 minutes to have my car fixed. I ended up waiting for almost 4 hours for something that I was told was going to take 2 hours. I don't mind if the repair takes long, just annoyed that they didn't give me any updates. I wish Tesla worked on improving their communication better. I hope this is an isolated incident since I usually have a positive experience while I'm at my local SC.