Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a TM3 Performance on the used market and had a great first experience with Tesla service.

After purchasing the vehicle last week I decided to stop by the new Virginia Beach Tesla service center to check the place out and ask a few questions. The manager there heard me talking to the lady at the desk and came out to chat about my car. After talking EVs for about ten minutes we went out to look at my vehicle.

As we were checking the car out he noticed that the liner in the rear drivers side wheel well was sagging a bit. He told me to make a mobile appointment and that they would fix it under warranty. I made the appointment and received a prompt response to confirm. The mobile tech called me that morning to say he was in his way and arrived 5 minutes before the early time on my appointment window. He was courteous and efficient in completing the repair. He also answered a few questions I had about the car and showed me some features I was unaware of. All of this at no charge.

Obviously one personal anecdote is not representative of their entire service history but I was very impressed. It made me feel about the purchase because service was my big concern before buying.

Last edited:
Evidently service doesn't sukk everywhere. I'm happy for you.

It seems to be like VA medical care. My experience with the VA has been uniformly (not a pun) excellent, but wow do you ever hear stories. You know...the guy who goes in for a broken arm and they amputate a leg, etc.

It seems to be like VA medical care. My experience with the VA has been uniformly (not a pun) excellent, but wow do you ever hear stories. You know...the guy who goes in for a broken arm and they amputate a leg, etc.

Agreed wholeheartedly! Our local service center here in northern NJ is fantastic; whenever I've visited, I think to myself "what are all these folks complaining about? Tesla service is awesome!" - but it's 100% center dependent. They should take this one (shout out to the Paramus crew!) and use them as an example of how to do it right.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
This is uhm... how a service experience should always be... I've been fortunate with other manufactures to not have bad experiences.

Some Tesla service centers seem to run just fine.

Mine are unfortunately ran by dirtbags that lie through their teeth to save face. I am not in TX... so yea, not an isolated incident, cucubits...

Reactions: cucubits
I’m fortunate that there are not that many Tesla in the area I think. I travel to some larger cities for work and see a lot more when in there. Plus the manager was clearly really into EVs... like me, he was a Leaf owner for years before saving up for a Tesla and seemed to want them to be successful for reasons other than just job security.

Time will tell if this is a standard experience or not but so far I am pleased. Best case, the car will be as low maintenance as hoped and I won’t have to use the service center very often anyways.

The guy with the broken arm failed to mention the gangrenous leg.

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Although my experience with Tesla Service has been fairly limited, I've also experienced outstanding service at the Bellevue, WA Service Center.

I've had excellent service from the Mobile techs and terrible service from the SC (Rocklin, CA). I'm taking a road trip to Mercer Island in the late spring and I'm tempted to ask the Bellevue SC if they can install my HW3 upgrade, if it's been allocated to my VIN at that time....