Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Service from Tesla Service Center in Pomona, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to the Tesla Service Center in Pomona, CA. I have my Model 3 in for service on the drivers window, as well as abnormal noise when the car was put in Park. It took a while to get an appointment (about 4 weeks), but I was impressed with the entire process, from start to finish. Apparently there were several service bulletins open on my car, related to the upper ball joints, frunk latch, and charging pins. I did not know about those, but the Service Center included them in the work to be performed. Communication with the Service Center was excellent, from before the service (initial invoice provided), during drop-off, and during service. I dropped the car off Friday morning, it was complete on Monday night. I picked the car up on Tuesday morning. The Service Center initially didn't have a loaner to offer me (they offered an Uber credit instead), but when I got there, they did have a loaner available, which they gave to me (it was a Model 3 Performance, which was quite a treat!!). The work done on my car appears to have addressed my issues. Overall, I give them high marks for communication, timeliness (except for how long it took to get an appointment), completeness, and friendliness.

I'm posting this because I see lots of posts of bad experiences from the Tesla Service Centers. I certainly don't want to minimize those people's experiences, and I'm very thankful my experience wasn't like that. Instead, I just want to balance the bad with the good.

The only hiccup in the entire experience was the loaner got a flat tire while I had it. I'm not sure if the tire had a slow leak before I got it, or if I ran over something. Whatever the case, I called Tesla Road Service, and within two hours, they had a repair truck at my office, and had replaced the tire (had already been patched once, so couldn't patch it again). They did not charge me for this service, since the vehicle was a loaner. Also, the repair technician told me that he would have been out sooner, but because my car wasn't on the side of the road due to the flat, I was prioritized lower; all made sense to me.

Keith

Is your profile name your old UK Postcode? I ask because mine was TW10 6QL when I lived in London!
You are the first person that has figured out what this means (my profile name and my license plate). This is the UK postcode for my father's childhood home, which I still own, with my siblings. I was born in that house, and lived there with my family for the first four years of my life (nearly 60 years ago).

Richmond isn't very far from where our house is, in Feltham. We're a bit closer to Heathrow than you are.

Keith

Reactions: Ken_Y
You are the first person that has figured out what this means (my profile name and my license plate). This is the UK postcode for my father's childhood home, which I still own, with my siblings. I was born in that house, and lived there with my family for the first four years of my life (nearly 60 years ago).

Richmond isn't very far from where our house is, in Feltham. We're a bit closer to Heathrow than you are.

Keith
Mine was only a company rental while I worked in London a few years back. Considering the buying price was $500k at the time and now worth $2.5m, I wish I had bought it!

Back on topic, I have never had an issue with Tesla SC nor Rangers. I think it is a great service

Glad you had a good service. I had to take my car in couple of times, and every time it was a great service, no one is trying to sell you oil changes, fluid flushes, etc. The issue is getting appointment timeframe. Where as before, i would just roll in or make appointment online for next day. With Tesla, it could be a week.

Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to the Tesla Service Center in Pomona, CA. I have my Model 3 in for service on the drivers window, as well as abnormal noise when the car was put in Park. It took a while to get an appointment (about 4 weeks), but I was impressed with the entire process, from start to finish. Apparently there were several service bulletins open on my car, related to the upper ball joints, frunk latch, and charging pins. I did not know about those, but the Service Center included them in the work to be performed. Communication with the Service Center was excellent, from before the service (initial invoice provided), during drop-off, and during service. I dropped the car off Friday morning, it was complete on Monday night. I picked the car up on Tuesday morning. The Service Center initially didn't have a loaner to offer me (they offered an Uber credit instead), but when I got there, they did have a loaner available, which they gave to me (it was a Model 3 Performance, which was quite a treat!!). The work done on my car appears to have addressed my issues. Overall, I give them high marks for communication, timeliness (except for how long it took to get an appointment), completeness, and friendliness.

I'm posting this because I see lots of posts of bad experiences from the Tesla Service Centers. I certainly don't want to minimize those people's experiences, and I'm very thankful my experience wasn't like that. Instead, I just want to balance the bad with the good.

The only hiccup in the entire experience was the loaner got a flat tire while I had it. I'm not sure if the tire had a slow leak before I got it, or if I ran over something. Whatever the case, I called Tesla Road Service, and within two hours, they had a repair truck at my office, and had replaced the tire (had already been patched once, so couldn't patch it again). They did not charge me for this service, since the vehicle was a loaner. Also, the repair technician told me that he would have been out sooner, but because my car wasn't on the side of the road due to the flat, I was prioritized lower; all made sense to me.

Keith
Lucky, I hope your next visit is nothing like mine!

Keith
ALL of my experience with Tesla Service, both at home and at the Service Center have been great!