Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great story on QC out of China, something the US needs to take notes on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The BEST brand on JD Powers IQS in 2020 had 136 issues per 100 vehicles.

1.36 issues per car. For the BEST score.

The industry average was 1.66 issues per car.

On the Chinese survey the best car had 0.7 issues per 10,000 cars.

That's 0.00007 issues per car.

The industry average was .00372 issues per car.

I can buy that Chinese quality on at least some brands is better. I can't buy it's 500 times better across the industry.

So either the Chinese complain MASSIVELY less, or there's 0.00% chance those surveys are comparing the same stuff.

don‘t make assumption ,china made model3 update by weeks,Compared to US made model3,The ride is smoother ,the moise is way smaller compare to my prefacelift modes .They made the seats Longer,The seal better.However due to those rapid updates,Those China made model3 tends to Rattle and make funny noises.
B2700BFD-85D6-4615-98E8-10DE81AAF2CC.jpeg
D3D90736-80CF-4E3E-91BC-4583C84CF14D.jpeg

I was recently invited into a JD Power survey of my ICE car. While the car has suffered no real defects, I was indeed offered the opportunity to complain about features I did not like. Of course, I have no idea how they score those things vs. actual defects, but the survey format implied that they do not make a distinction.

At the end, they let me share a message with the manufacturer, so I told them:

"This is the last ICE vehicle I will ever own."

I hope they get the message.

Sorry to say it, but when I have seen pics of the Tesla factory workers in California, they all look like the epitome of slackers.

You think that's bad, wait until you see the Austin cashiers at Whole Foods lol

I hope Tesla didn't move to Texas to get away from the "slackers", we've got our own. In fact, the movie "Slacker" was filmed here in Austin:

Slacker (1990) - IMDb

• Funny
Reactions: Reborn and Phlier
You think that's bad, wait until you see the Austin cashiers at Whole Foods lol

I hope Tesla didn't move to Texas to get away from the "slackers", we've got our own. In fact, the movie "Slacker" was filmed here in Austin:

Slacker (1990) - IMDb

Yeah, the whole keep Austin Weird thing is starting to get out of hand. We had enough weirdos in Austin before the mass exodus started from Cali to Austin. Glad I don't live there.

Who is responsible for interviewing and hiring the workers? Management.
Who is responsible for training the workers? Management.
Who is responsible for motivating the workers? Management.
Who is responsible for monitoring, correcting, and if necessary replacing the workers? Management.

So who is responsible for poor build quality? Must be the workers, right?