Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great timing - AC craps out during 95 degree heatwave in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The AC on my 2 month old MX 75D decided to stop working today. There was a loud hiss coming from the vents and only warm air. Drove straight to the SC in Bellevue, WA and handed the car off to the techs. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. On a positive note, I was given a MX 90D that I'll be driving around this weekend.

I heard that the O ring on the refrigerant can fail (saw it on a Bjorn Youtube video). I wonder if this happened to my MX?

My Tesla is pretty new. The AC did not work when we first got it and of course, it was hot that day. It did turn out to be the O-ring. They replaced it and it has been working since. I hope your problem is easy to fix!

The AC in my X failed about a week after I took delivery at the end of June. On a Saturday I drove to the Costa Mesa CA Service Center, they had it up on the rack in 10 minutes, diagnosed the problem immediately, had the needed part in stock (a "chiller" unit according to the service person) and in less than 90 minutes total it was fixed and I was on the road again.

Kudos to Tesla!