TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Great timing Stock market! Model X buzz kill.

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MichealW, Jan 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MichealW

MichealW Member

I'm not complaining but am I the only one who thinks this latest stock/Oil plunge makes getting an X a bit of a buzz kill? Sh*t! It was already a bit hard to justify selling my already awesome Model S and paying double for an X but now that my car is on its way soon and the market is flopping (No big surprise) I'm having some second thoughts... It was never a rational decision anyway but this is getting a little bit nuts even to someone crazy like me. lol...

2. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

This purchase is *very* hard to justify on a purely cost basis. Oil price fluctuations make that almost impossible.

You're already committed -- don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your car!

3. vangogh

vangogh Member

Although I do like the idea of not having to pay for gas...there are far more important reasons for the X
    I love not having to go to the gas station anymore...and breathe those noxious fumes
    I love the reduced environmental impact...and not creating those noxious fumes
    I love the instant acceleration electric motors provide
    I love the reduced maintenance a non-ICE provides
    I love the X

4. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S P100D (after 90D and P85 Signature)

Luckily I have virtually no exposure to the stock market. It must be terrible to see your fortune go up and especially down like crazy thanks to - what Elon so eloquently calls - the "manic depressive" stock market.

5. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

Personally, while it's nice to save on gas, the big selling points of the X for me are:

- Best-driving SUV in history
    - Huge convenience of home charging
    - Tackles global warming
    - Cuts air pollution
    - Provides key part of energy independence
    - Can drive on sunshine
    - Those wicked awesome falcon-wing doors
    - That supersplendulous windshield
    - Super comfy seating for up to 7

Also, gas prices may be low right now, but what about next year, the year after, a few years from now, etc?

Regarding the stock price, it's a little bewildering and a shame if you're looking to sell stock soon, but I found it an awesome buying opportunity. And think I'll go in for thirds this week still!