Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great video how to fix foggy taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the fact that they refuse to fix it unless you have standing water inside the light and demonstrate to them right at that time is worse.
its unacceptable that it is there to start with at the prices people pay.

My right rear taillight does occasionally fog out but its no a major issue as i live somewhere warm....its clearly a manufacturing defect as the taillight has a slightly weird looking welding line which looks a bit.... out of place - you can see it even when light is mounted in the car (similar to what the guy in the video is talking about actually).

if tesla does not have the time to have good quality control they need to increase the prices of the cars. if i want china quality i get an xpeng which is probably better manufactured than a tesla.

Reactions: RefreshedP
I am glad to find this video. Seems like an easy enough fix. I just may attempt this as I have noticed my two week old Model X is showing some fogging in each tail light. So far no water but I haven't driven in rain yet either. That could make matters worse.
Yes, it is definitely a quality control issue in the plastic weld. I feel Elon is too busy with his spaceX activities to bother with these little annoyances. Maybe he has a list to get to them later? Have to wait and see I guess. Thanks for posting the video!

Some fogging is to be expected, due to the nature of led lights. They don’t genereta enough heat to vaporise the fogging, so the lights have a smallhole to “breath” so the fog can clear up. As long as there is no standing water, your lights are not leaking.
Or they told me.

the fact that they refuse to fix it unless you have standing water inside the light and demonstrate to them right at that time is worse.
its unacceptable that it is there to start with at the prices people pay.

My right rear taillight does occasionally fog out but its no a major issue as i live somewhere warm....its clearly a manufacturing defect as the taillight has a slightly weird looking welding line which looks a bit.... out of place - you can see it even when light is mounted in the car (similar to what the guy in the video is talking about actually).

if tesla does not have the time to have good quality control they need to increase the prices of the cars. if i want china quality i get an xpeng which is probably better manufactured than a tesla.
LOL. I've owned my 3 for a week. Put about a 1000 miles on it. I'm actually embarrassed to drive it or bring a passenger in the car, Rattles, door panels sticking out, door handles resessed, front fog light fogging, a ticking coming from front left when I turn slow on snow or slippery conditions. The performance doesn't handle like a performance vehicle. Yes, it's quick in a straight line above 85% Soc. But that's it. I've never been so let down with a purchase in my life. They have one chance to fix everything on the 31st. Otherwise I'll be taking a bath on it and moving on.

And the one thing I really enjoyed was the large nav display. Than they just took that away. Lol. Shrunk it at least.

LOL. I've owned my 3 for a week. Put about a 1000 miles on it. I'm actually embarrassed to drive it or bring a passenger in the car, Rattles, door panels sticking out, door handles resessed, front fog light fogging, a ticking coming from front left when I turn slow on snow or slippery conditions. The performance doesn't handle like a performance vehicle. Yes, it's quick in a straight line above 85% Soc. But that's it. I've never been so let down with a purchase in my life. They have one chance to fix everything on the 31st. Otherwise I'll be taking a bath on it and moving on.

And the one thing I really enjoyed was the large nav display. Than they just took that away. Lol. Shrunk it at least.

i have the same issue. have like 4 rattles and tesla just refuses to do anything about it essentially. a lot of them are intermittent too which doesnt help.

i have the same issue. have like 4 rattles and tesla just refuses to do anything about it essentially. a lot of them are intermittent too which doesnt help.
If tesla ever wants to actually be successful, they need a complete re format of there dealer standards. Never heard of so much inconsistency regarding dealer experiances. I have a center 5 mins from me but they are absolutely useless. Made an Appt at another center an hour away.

If tesla ever wants to actually be successful, they need a complete re format of there dealer standards. Never heard of so much inconsistency regarding dealer experiances. I have a center 5 mins from me but they are absolutely useless. Made an Appt at another center an hour away.

i cant even pick. nearest service centre is 1600km away. nearest one after that like 2800km... and its always the same incompetent people.

The Ottawa service centre has never given me an attitude. They helped with a rattle and replaced my foggy tail light without problems. The latter was even done by a ranger so I didn't have to drive an hour one way.

Here's a picture of the tail light before they exchanged it:
20201022_132654.jpg