TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

GREEN full matte wrap, black matte on the chrome, and tinted windows

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by NJ Plugin, Feb 23, 2014.

1. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

#1 NJ Plugin, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    I want to thank Lee at Leeberbs and Greg from Signature Detailing who did a wonderful job on my green Model S.

We did a full Suntek matte wrap over my green paint, covered all the chrome trim in matte black (except the Tesla T and badging in the back), and Wincos tinting on the windows (45% on the fronts, and 30% on the back and hatch). Using Rick's lighted Tesla T in the front, Lee wrapped the front in matte black also.

Here are some pictures. With the wrap, the green looks black (or very dark) in more lighting conditions than before. Now I need to do something about my wheels, probably will powder coat them.

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2 (3).JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3 (2).JPG

photo 3 (4).JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4 (2).JPG

photo 4 (3).JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 1 (4).JPG

• Like x 1
  2. GDH

GDH Banned

Not a huge fan but I think grey 21"s would finish the look.

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Looks great. Obvious question -- how much did the wrap cost? I've been looking for someone in the NYC area that can do this.

thanks.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Very sharp. I like the look.

I agree with others that a different wheel would complete the look. I think gold or grey would be nice.

(This coming from a guy with chrome mesh wheels on a signature red...)

5. tgp1019

tgp1019 Member

Looks sharp.

6. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Thanks guys...

I knew the wheels would have to addressed/changed. Most likely will powder coat my 19" wheels, don't think I would go with gold though Jason...a bit too flashy for me, and I do not want to have to deal with winter/all seasons with the 21's.

As far as price goes Hank (and anyone else), Lee would prefer I not post the price, but anybody can contact Lee (the link to his FB page is in post #1) for a quote, or IM me here and I would gladly reply. Lee is in Central NJ, in Hillsborough, and has done many Model S's paint protection wraps and tinting.

7. TheConnected

TheConnected Member

Here in FL, the matte wraps are overdone and almost like a scene from Fast and the Furious.

8. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Not as common in central FL... the matte or satin finishes are growing on me. Nice job on this one!

9. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Plus it is a paint protection, so in 5 years it can be removed and the paint is in like new condition.

10. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Lol at the license plate

<<<

Looks nice, agree on the wheels, they definitely need a powder coat.

11. darthvdr

darthvdr Member

It has an interesting theme to it. I would not do it to my car, but nice to see some diversity here.

12. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

In general not a fan of changing rims. But with that matte you need gunmetal or darker rims. I would even thing power coated black would look great.

I assume that is a translucent 'matte' film over a standard green color. Or is that green opaque film?

Looks nice. Not my style but looks nice.

13. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

How did they do the Tesla T, "Model S", and "85" badges on the back? Does the wrap get carefully cut around the badges, or do they take the badges off and stick them back on to the wrapped surface afterwards?

14. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Lookin' good!

15. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

This.

16. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

I think it looks great! Wrap is much cleaner than dipping the whole car. That looks like my car, except for the whole matte finish ;)

Hey, come join the Green Tesla Group too! (click on the little green icon under my screen name)

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Mod Note: Some posts were moved to snippiness. Apologies to those that got caught up.

18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I'm curious, since I apparently don't know how this works.

Is the wrap a clear matte film, and the green the original color of your car, or is the wrap a green opaque matte totally covering the original color of your car?

I'm looking over LeeBerbs facebook page, and I'm dying to get this color: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.558898444177669.1073741849.249735685093948&type=3 assuming that it's available as a wrap and not a full re-paint job.

19. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Some are clear films (also known as clear bra) for the entire car: https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs/photos/pb.249735685093948.-2207520000.1393576422./605509539516559/?type=3&theater

Or they can be wrapped in color (usually matte or some satin finish. search for 3m car vinyl wrap) - https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs/photos/pb.249735685093948.-2207520000.1393576422./605860529481460/?type=3&theater

20. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Sorry, I missed these questions until today...

Yes, it is aa translucent clear matte finish, so the original color comes through. I have seen pictures of the blue on TMC which looks great, and Leeberbs did a grey that looked great also.

I am on vacation this week, away from my car, so next week I will look into powder coating the wheels.

I have the lighted Tesla T in the front, and I had Lee wrap the top of that, it was off the car when he did it, and he cut the matte wrap on the nose cone around the original T.

As for the back badging, I wanted them left chrome...I am not at my car right now, but I suspect he cut around those also. I will check when I get back from vacation.

Thanks Chris, I just joined the Green group.

Hank, that is a clear paint protection film. Charlie is a member here at TMC (I forget his handle though). Charlie told me it is very shiny and very easy to maintain, water beads right off it, and he just towels it clean.