Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GREEN full matte wrap, black matte on the chrome, and tinted windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hank, that is a clear paint protection film. Charlie is a member here at TMC (I forget his handle though). Charlie told me it is very shiny and very easy to maintain, water beads right off it, and he just towels it clean.

Yes, Lee said it had a "one time paint correction" (which I'm not sure exactly what that means) and a professional Opticoat application -- the front doos back -- I'm also not sure why the hood didn't need the Opticoat?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get that done also, since I like to use the car washes with the big rotating drum strips, and I'm told the Tesla paint is too soft to survive those things. I don't want to be limited to the deluxe $25 per wash hand car wash place nearby. They do do a great job, but $25/per is pretty pricey.

So while I might have to skip the beuatiful matte finish you've done (due to the estimated costs from Lee), I'm thinking of getting the paint correction, full Opticoat, and have the chrome blacked out like seen on a few other cars around here.

As far as price goes Hank (and anyone else), Lee would prefer I not post the price (...)

Errm, may I ask why? Not that I am personally interested in knowing the price, as I am not really in the neighbourhood :)wink:), but in general, almost any time someone here posts pics and details about a project done to his S, and someone else asks about the price, people avoid telling what said project did cost.

Is there some sort of conspiracy going on in the US that you aren't allowed to speak about pricing of such things?
Over here you get something done to your car, it costs X Euro, and if anyone asks, one can freely tell them (and I would guess most people would, unless they were embarassed about admitting to have payed a huge amount of money - but as it ads resale value to the car, why the secrecy?)

And no hard feelings please, I am just curious and taking your thread as an example for the many others where I have observed the same tendency to not disclose prices when being asked about them.

Errm, may I ask why? Not that I am personally interested in knowing the price, as I am not really in the neighborhood :)wink:), but in general, almost any time someone here posts pics and details about a project done to his S, and someone else asks about the price, people avoid telling what said project did cost.

I agree with you, but I can tell you why. Service folks like this like to do two things -- First, they can give discounts or special deals to friends and family and if those people post those prices online and some stranger goes and says "I'd like the same job you gave Ralph for $1500..." and then they feel obligated to honor that price instead of being hard-nosed about it or lose the customer alltogether. There's little or no profit in that. Second, every single job is different, and every customer wants something different, so if they go in with an expectation that the job will code $1500, and they change it just a little, and the price shoots up to $3000, that leaves the customer kind of pissed off or feeling like they're getting scammed. I think every service provider likes to provide a customized quote for each customer, and not have to honor prices given to other folks in the past. Also, raw materials costs increase, other expenses change.. Customer A might want a rush job willing to pay more, while customer B might want the lowest price possible. Stuff like that.

But yeah, I would like to know at least the ballpark someone paid for a job like this -- $1000? $1k-$2k? More than than $2500?

NJ Plugin -

Dude - your car is beyond bad. Last decent matte finish I saw was on an Audi R8 in Berlin. Yours puts his to shame. Nice chatting with you on the way back from that den of inequity - Trenton. Our Teslas are quiet - but our voices are not.

It was too bad when we both pulled up to that traffic light, there was one car in front of each of us, on the other hand, maybe it was best they were there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hank is right on why a CUSTOM installer usually doesn't want it posted publicly. As I stated in my original post, Lee requested I not post prices, but can contact me (or Lee) in IM and I would say the price, which a few people did, or ask me when they see the car in person.

Hank, as a ballpark amount, a FULL wrap, plus all the chrome trim covered is definitely MORE than $2500. The MS is a big car, and uses a lot of material.

I charged next to you in New Brunswick last month. You were there when I got there and still there when I left the next morning. I had hoped to meet you.

/Ed
ybyve3ad.jpg

Ed, I would have loved to meet you, always interested in meeting other owners. That is my "home" charger, so my car is usually in that left spot. Fortunately, 95+% of the time, my car is the only one there. Even though the signs say "Parking while charging only", the Facilities Manager of the garage owner told me they prefer me to leave the car there, as it looks like the chargers are being used. I have met a few MS owners coming and going, as well as a few other EV owners.

@NJ Plugin: my car is similar to yours, but I went with a little lighter color ... matte gunmetal, with blacked-out chrome, and matte black wheels ... one other thing I did that has gotten a lot of compliments, and I think would look great on your car, is carbon fiber wrap on the mirror bodies and on the skinny, upper part of the nosecone ... also I like your chrome "TESLA", but I chose red to pop against the now-black trim, and to match the brake calipers

mirror.JPG
front T.JPG
back T.JPG
wheel.JPG

White MS with rose gold wheels says hi! Guess you caught my wife speeding down Lincoln.

@NJ Plugin: my car is similar to yours, but I went with a little lighter color ... matte gunmetal, with blacked-out chrome, and matte black wheels ... one other thing I did that has gotten a lot of compliments, and I think would look great on your car, is carbon fiber wrap on the mirror bodies and on the skinny, upper part of the nosecone ... also I like your chrome "TESLA", but I chose red to pop against the now-black trim, and to match the brake calipers

White MS with rose gold wheels says hi! Guess you caught my wife speeding down Lincoln.
I remember ... about 2 weeks ago ... although I like to think of it as "hurrying" rather than "speeding" ... (I live in Venice, and traffic on Lincoln can drive a person insane) ... I got the wrap because I wanted something a little different from everybody else, and if she remembers my car based on the above pics, I guess I have to say: "mission accomplished" ... here's another look, for you

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a sad day last week, but I sold my Model S (1st post in this thread).

It went to a Tesla fan in Long Island NY.

Lots of good times were had, including a cross country trip in 2014.