Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

green light chime volume too low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my update with the green light chime. Works great, gave it a try this morning on various lights, sometimes I'm at the front at the light, sometimes behind other cars, sometimes left turns. All worked well. Love it....

Except...the volume is way to low for me. If I'm waiting for it, I can hear it (barely), but it might not get my attention if I'm doing something else at the time, which is its purpose. Is there any way to increase the volume? I can't find anything.

Reactions: LindyLoo
Just got my update with the green light chime. Works great, gave it a try this morning on various lights, sometimes I'm at the front at the light, sometimes behind other cars, sometimes left turns. All worked well. Love it....

Except...the volume is way to low for me. If I'm waiting for it, I can hear it (barely), but it might not get my attention if I'm doing something else at the time, which is its purpose. Is there any way to increase the volume? I can't find anything.
Maybe check and see if you have "Joe Mode" selected, I don't know if it impacts the green light chime or not, but something to try....

Maybe check and see if you have "Joe Mode" selected, I don't know if it impacts the green light chime or not, but something to try....
There was a nice thread a couple of years ago about the chime, and part of it was about volume. Joe mode was brought up the, but wasnt the problem then, and I don't have it turned on now. Good thought though.

Agree, the chime could be louder and if sitting in a left turn lane on red and the lanes to your left get a green light, the car will CHIME. So there is some more work to be done. Oh and it was displaying the left turn light as RED. So it’s see’s it.

Agree, the chime could be louder and if sitting in a left turn lane on red and the lanes to your left get a green light, the car will CHIME. So there is some more work to be done. Oh and it was displaying the left turn light as RED. So it’s see’s it.
Interesting, mine doesn’t do that. I’m not 100% that it chimes when the turn signal goes green but I’m certain I don’t get the false positive situation.

I also have my car set to Joe Mode as I think all the noises are too loud.

I actually like the new, lower, volume. I first experienced the green light chime when I subscribed to FSD for a month and loved it. The only problem, IMHO, was that it was too loud all the time. I listen to music in the car constantly and every time the green light chimed it dropped my music really low.

Now, the music stays playing and the green light chime is just barely noticeable above the din. However, I have noticed that if I'm playing the music really loudly then it does dip the music volume in order to play the green light chime. This is an acceptable compromise to me.