Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green lights on HWPC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered one, hoping to have it installed with 60 Amp service in the next couple weeks. I'm happy to hear people are running higher than 30 Amp service on them with no issues.

Is one charger older than the other? Could it be the way the switches are configured inside the box?

I have two HPWC chargers in two houses. Both work fine at 72 amps.

One has the dripping green lights when charging, the other just a constant green.

Anybody know why?
An HPC should “drip” when charging and go solid when finished with the cable still connected.

If they both work properly to charge your cars it doesn’t seem worth the effort to complain to Tesla and get one replaced, in my opinion (I am not implying that is your plan).

That little ribbon cable that connects those LED lights is pretty fragile and may not be fully seated in the connection. I’ve noticed a few times when I hang up my cable into the side of the charger my green light went out completely. Only to get home and it’s back on. Haven’t taken the time yet to remove the cover and check that little plug.