Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green line down the screen in dog mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried out Dog mode on my 2022 Model 3 RWD and noticed a green line running down the LCD, just to the right of the dog graphic. This disappears on other screens, so it looks like a software thing, but wondered if others have seen something similar? Running the latest update.

photo_2022-03-04_17-54-30.jpg

I've only tested out Dog Mode once and didn't notice any line but if it only appears on that particular screen and not on any others which have a light background, then it may be designed to be there in the software. Something like that line, if it is ALWAYS there, would be a defect in the screen which really cannot be fixed.

As far as quoting the software update you're on, saying that you have the latest is not really that informative. It would be better to say exactly what you have (for example, 2022.4.5.3).

Reactions: alex_au
Not to worry, I understand that dogs are color blind ... 🤭
Since I am a member of the TMC Minor Logic Point Debating Society, I feel obligated to point out that dogs do sense colors. Their eyes are able to discern blue from yellow (dichromatic):

• Funny
Reactions: afadeev and alex_au
Are you certain the green vertical line is not always there? It can be masked by screen content and viewing angle.

When I purchased my 2018 M3, it had a vertical blue line doing down the middle of the screen that was visible at certain times. The cause was due to a failed transistor in the screen controller microciruit (chip) and could not be fixed with a software update. I reported this to Tesla support, and they sent a technican to my home to replace the screen under warranty. I would suggest you contact Tesla support.

Here's mine from my 2021 LR. I don't see a green line on mine. It's a solid background: you have to excuse the artifacts that were created by me shooting the screen with my phone.

Edit: I assume you've tried a reboot? I'm also on the same version as you: 2022.4.5.3.

Mike

Attachments

• {Q}dog.jpg
    {Q}dog.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 95
Since I am a member of the TMC Minor Logic Point Debating Society, I feel obligated to point out that dogs do sense colors. Their eyes are able to discern blue from yellow (dichromatic):

I'm always amazed how people just love to point out other people's flaws - it was a joke bud, a joke... sheesh 🙄

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
Here's mine from my 2021 LR. I don't see a green line on mine. It's a solid background: you have to excuse the artifacts that were created by me shooting the screen with my phone.

Edit: I assume you've tried a reboot? I'm also on the same version as you: 2022.4.5.3.

Mike
I have rebooted since, but haven't checked dog mode again, will check and report back xD