Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Mile : Tesla Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sad....

David did a great job in this video clip. It just kills me that they would sack someone like him who relates so well to the public. Ditto for Martin.

By the way, David said something interesting about those who are on the waiting list:

"We have people buying the cars that could afford to drive something like a 911, but actually drive a Prius because they can't deal with the guilt of owning a performance car. But we also have people that are buying... that this is a "stretch" purchase... but they believe in doing their part, understanding that servicing costs on something like this are considerably less, they never buy fuel again, and they like the idea that they're not having an impact on the environment."

That statement seems to confirm what I purported in the other "News" thread about "Transmission troubles," i.e., that some buyers do want a Ferrari-like acceleration of 0-60 in 4 seconds, but others are, first and foremost, EV advocates who would likely consider 5.7 seconds more than enough sweet "icing" on their environmental "cake."