Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green number plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you be able to post a picture? Even if you blur out the main plate I'm just curious what the GB one looks like when it's actually fitted :)

Unless you have the same car, colour and configuration then I am not sure a picture of mine would help, perhaps a photoshop mock up would be better?
Or, they are only £30.ish to buy, if you dont like them take them off again. Hope that helps.

But the ANPR cameras might as @Mark-R 's images show Green number plates

Might some of the potential benefit of green plates may not be available if the automatic cameras/detectors don't pick up the green stripe?
Not sure that the green or shade of it is the important factor here. IMO, ANPR in this country, I would assume checks the index against the national database to determine eligibilty to any potential benefits. Perhaps the "green" is only a token for being on message or perhaps a visual aid to humans policing car parking spaces etc. The latter is of course open to abuse.

I am more than happy with mine. I am not over thinking this! It’s a number plate it has my number correctly spaced and has a green strip (not bothered about shade) it’s green and to most including the police that is the sign of an electric car!
There are so few around nobody is really that bothered of the shade? I’m not, the plates look great. Like somebody said they are £30

I’ll be receing my M3 in March. As Tesla won’t assign my cherished plate beforehand, I will need to have this changed over afterwards. How am I best going about getting new plates made up? Should I get in touch with the Dartford service centre with my V778 and get some aluminium plates made up?
I gather I would still be able to remove the plastic surround from the number plate holder and fit the aluminium plate onto the base, so this looks a little better?

PFC Plates, images attached - the green does not appear to be reflective - I can't see flecks in it

20210129_123203.jpg 20210129_123649.jpg 20210129_123817.jpg

Attachments

• 20210129_123827.jpg
    20210129_123827.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210129_124138.jpg
    20210129_124138.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Informative
Reactions: Arran
I’ll be receing my M3 in March. As Tesla won’t assign my cherished plate beforehand, I will need to have this changed over afterwards. How am I best going about getting new plates made up? Should I get in touch with the Dartford service centre with my V778 and get some aluminium plates made up?
I gather I would still be able to remove the plastic surround from the number plate holder and fit the aluminium plate onto the base, so this looks a little better?

I'm sure you can ask the SC, be specific with what design you want.

If you want to get rid of the clunky surround (and many do), there are companies that make stick on versions - look back through this thread

If you want to get rid of the clunky surround (and many do), there are companies that make stick on versions - look back through this thread

Does it need to be the Dartford SC or can I go through my local place?

My M3 came with green number plates but I would like to have the GB on there so that I don’t have to put a GB sticker on the car when I go abroad. Has anyone seen GB stickers for the green rectangle on number plates?

I’m sure I read that now we are in a post Brexit world we will need a proper GB sticker to be legal when and if we are ever allowed to cross the Channel again. Not that checking this is likely to be a top priority unless some stroppy gendarme is really looking for an excuse to fine us.

Ignore most of my last post unless you are going to Spain, Cyprus or Malta! This is what it says on Gov.uk:

GB stickers and number plates
You do not need a GB sticker if your number plate includes the GB identifier on its own or with the Union flag.

You do not need to display a GB sticker to drive in Ireland.

You must display a GB sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only – no flag or identifier
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a GBsticker no matter what is on your number plate.

Of course, with the present confusion on rules this may not be definitive.

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan