Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Race Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone has seen this...but they already have the information for the Tesla Model-S (all three battery packs, too).

You put in your starting address in the Map Address bar. Then you click on your destination to drop a pin and it will show you how much charge you will have when you arrive (depending on driving style (Eco->Sport), elevation, and distance).

http://www.jurassictest.ch/GR/

Green Race Website with Tesla Model-S.jpg

This is really cool. I'd love to get my hands on the source and tweak it though. Add a miles option, and the ability to just enter 2 addresses instead of one address then dragging around to find the other on the map.

This is really cool. I'd love to get my hands on the source and tweak it though. Add a miles option, and the ability to just enter 2 addresses instead of one address then dragging around to find the other on the map.

Not sure about that ... this was last worked on as a student project in 2011. How is your french because here is the development history http://jurassictest.ch/green-race/green-race-30-web/366-gr3-credits.html (they have a great visual of EVs available from 2010 -2013 at the bottom of the page).

You could always contact them to see if they are going to (or have already) release it as open source ...

You can change the speed in the program, of course. But my idea was that the program would be smart enough to recognize that different segments operate at different speeds. There are substantial range implications between these two scenarios:
  1. Driving a constant 50 mph for 20 miles along a county highway
  2. Driving 70 mph for 10 miles on an interstate, then 30 mph for 10 miles on back roads.
The ideal program would operate just as GPS devices operate, evaluating each trip segment based on estimated speed. Ideally, that speed reflects current traffic conditions (although I'm not sure I'd be comfortable planning a trip depending that I'd hit bad traffic somewhere)

Hello,

Thanks for your interest. The first way to collaborate could be that you ask us for some new functions. If possible, we can add them to the software. For now, the software is freely usable, but we are not ready to open the sources. Some people ask us for the software, but often for commercial use and our point of view is different.

For now we are just entering in holiday time, no significant work will take place before september-october on Green Race.

Well, I guess for now we give them feedback on options to add... Though with them not doing any work until the Fall, I guess by then most won't need it and/or may use another tool.