Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green traffic light chime now available without FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I test drove my first Tesla in 2020 the car had FSD and had the chime. My wife and I loved this feature. We put the order in and got ours a few months later. Sadly our non FSD model didn't have it. So this morning I see the latest release notes on teslafi and I am stoked. Can't wait to get this update!

I had this for a while several months ago, it was a bug where they accidentally included the feature and with the next update it was gone.

Keith
Yea, me too. Happened if you got one from existing inventory and removed FSD from your order, or bought FSD and returned it.

It's permanent in 2022.20. it's in the release notes (according to notateslaapp.com)

Hi, new Tesla Model 3 owner here and still figuring things out. I don't have this green light chime option on my screen. I have Updates set to Advanced and under Software it says I am up to date as of today. My software says it is v11.0 (2022.16.2). As far as I understand it, that release is not the latest release. Why would it say it is up to date and not really be up to date, with Advanced updates enabled? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, new Tesla Model 3 owner here and still figuring things out. I don't have this green light chime option on my screen. I have Updates set to Advanced and under Software it says I am up to date as of today. My software says it is v11.0 (2022.16.2). As far as I understand it, that release is not the latest release. Why would it say it is up to date and not really be up to date, with Advanced updates enabled? Thanks.
I think something like <1% of the people out there have it yet. You'll get it eventually. I have mine set to standard and tend to get updates once about 33% have gotten it. You'll likely get it before me, but Tesla doesnt deploy to everyone all at once

Welcome!

When they say "up to date" it means they don't have any newer versions for you. Yes, different people get updates at different times and no one seems to know why. You've ticked the Advanced Updates box. That's all you can do.

I've learned to adopt an "I'll get it when I get it" attitude instead of chomping at the bit. OTA updates should (usually) be fun. Like getting a present. No need to spoil it with expectations or comparing ourselves to others.

Reactions: MeltingICEage
Welcome!

When they say "up to date" it means they don't have any newer versions for you. Yes, different people get updates at different times and no one seems to know why. You've ticked the Advanced Updates box. That's all you can do.

I've learned to adopt an "I'll get it when I get it" attitude instead of chomping at the bit. OTA updates should (usually) be fun. Like getting a present. No need to spoil it with expectations or comparing ourselves to others.
Thanks for the info and the welcome.

it says I am up to date as of today. My software says it is v11.0 (2022.16.2). As far as I understand it, that release is not the latest release. Why would it say it is up to date and not really be up to date

I was going to ask the same question because I finally took the update and got 2022.16.2

I can see why they might want to release it in dribs and drabs - we'd do that with our software changes if we could, and certain versions might apply to certain options you chose for the vehicle (not that there are many of those), but I have to say there's a big gap between 16 and 20

was going to ask the same question because I finally took the update and got 2022.16.2

I can see why they might want to release it in dribs and drabs - we'd do that with our software changes if we could, and certain versions might apply to certain options you chose for the vehicle (not that there are many of those), but I have to say there's a big gap between 16 and 20

I was excited yesterday when I saw that an update was available for my car. But I was bummed when I saw that it only went from 2022.16.2 -> 2022.16.3. :(

I guess it could be a while until I get the latest and greatest.

Does Green Light Chime include the ability to notify you if you’re about to run a stop sign? (Seems like a more valuable safety feature.)
No, Green Light Chime does not include the Stop Light Warning feature which was introduced in 2019 (unfortunately, It's only enabled when AP is on so you get no warning when you're driving manually).

Personally, I find the Green Light Chime more valuable. In over one year of driving, the Red Light Warning has only gone off once. When I'm driving, I'm usually paying attention to the road, traffic signals, and other cars. But when I'm stopped at a light I like to be free to focus on things other than watching for the light to turn green.