Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green traffic light chime now available without FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new Tesla Model 3 owner here and still figuring things out. I don't have this green light chime option on my screen. I have Updates set to Advanced and under Software it says I am up to date as of today. My software says it is v11.0 (2022.16.2). As far as I understand it, that release is not the latest release. Why would it say it is up to date and not really be up to date, with Advanced updates enabled? Thanks.
I'm in the same boat with the same release. I usually get updates at about the same time as most other members here.

I’m not looking to beat it. I just like a reminder if I’m looking elsewhere when stopped. I always check the cross traffic before moving forward into the intersection anyway because you never know when a crazy driver is going to try to run a red light.
Yeah, maybe with the chime, we can be watching the cross traffic instead of the light, so when we hear the chime, we're ready to go.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Green Traffic Light Chime is unappealing, IMHO. However, Red Light Warning Chime would be a very valuable safety feature if the vehicle detects that you are about to run a red. Why doesn't Tesla enable this option and make it standard for all vehicles?
Red-light/stop -sign chime is already active when AP is enabled. It will also (weakly) warn you if a car is in your blind spot when your blinker is on. For me, the green light chime is far more useful since I'm often stopped at red lights but I barely ever run them. IMO if I'm running stop signs and stop lights into traffic then I have significant problems that a simple chime will not fix. But whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: rjpjnk and JHCCAZ