Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greenmission wireless phone charger arrived!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

‘Merica

S85 and S100D
Jun 3, 2019
Las Vegas
I’ve been looking for good options for wireless phone charging in my S for quite some time. I purchased a Taptes insert for the console which works well, but I much prefer the deeper storage and cup holders, so I ended up removing it.

Enter Greenmission:
Tesla wireless phone charger - Greenmission

I saw a random link for this item in a Tesla owners Facebook group last week and jumped on it. I ordered Friday and it arrived here all the way from Norway in under 5 days.

Installation was simple as can be, although the fit is a little loose on my cheap-o Taptes center console. I’m assuming it’s better with OEM, but I can’t verify. I rectified that by glueing two rubber bumpers onto the mount and it’s solid as can be. My iPhone XR fits perfectly into the cradle. I’m currently running a slim rubber case, but I’ll throw the old otterbox onto it later and see if it fits. I believe it will.

The charging works well, the look is very clean, and the phone is visible and easy to access. Much safer than fiddling with charging cords in the car.

Overall I am very pleased. For $60 shipped, there’s great value there IMO.

This is not a paid or sponsored review. I bought this product at full price.

Attachments

• B0B2D359-62A1-4F45-B98F-A0D80447B24E.jpeg
    B0B2D359-62A1-4F45-B98F-A0D80447B24E.jpeg
    714.2 KB · Views: 289
  • 4737374A-D1D2-4854-94E4-6FDA9A84A9B2.jpeg
    4737374A-D1D2-4854-94E4-6FDA9A84A9B2.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 251
  • 478D5511-6E23-4056-8970-B54A87F3D6EF.jpeg
    478D5511-6E23-4056-8970-B54A87F3D6EF.jpeg
    672.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 80BF501D-87EA-4F3C-8F01-89AFFC8D99EE.jpeg
    80BF501D-87EA-4F3C-8F01-89AFFC8D99EE.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 265
I’m sure you absolutely could make one for less than $60 if you have a 3D printer. I don’t and the time invested would be worth way more than $60 in my world. In the case of this product, I like the simplicity of the design and ease of use.

I’m sure you absolutely could make one for less than $60 if you have a 3D printer. I don’t and the time invested would be worth way more than $60 in my world. In the case of this product, I like the simplicity of the design and ease of use.
Oh I was just curious whether it just looked like a 3d-printed bracket in the pictures or the Tesla tax has reached new heights.

Oh I was just curious whether it just looked like a 3d-printed bracket in the pictures or the Tesla tax has reached new heights.

Haha there is typically a premium, isn’t there? To be honest I don’t have much experience with 3D printed items, but my assumption is that’s what this is. It feels very solid - not cheap. The usb cable feels more robust than your typical cheap knock off chargers.

Reactions: ilyak
Haha there is typically a premium, isn’t there? To be honest I don’t have much experience with 3D printed items, but my assumption is that’s what this is. It feels very solid - not cheap. The usb cable feels more robust than your typical cheap knock off chargers.

Nice, glad you're happy with it! These days you really don't need to own a 3D printer or know much about them to find models and get them printed. Between Thingverse and the proliferation of maker spaces and online printing services, you can get it done pretty cheaply. But sometimes a finished and tested product is simpler and better than trial and error involved in finding a good fit.

Reactions: ‘Merica
View attachment 531420
I’ve been looking for good options for wireless phone charging in my S for quite some time. I purchased a Taptes insert for the console which works well, but I much prefer the deeper storage and cup holders, so I ended up removing it.

Enter Greenmission:
Tesla wireless phone charger - Greenmission

I saw a random link for this item in a Tesla owners Facebook group last week and jumped on it. I ordered Friday and it arrived here all the way from Norway in under 5 days.

Installation was simple as can be, although the fit is a little loose on my cheap-o Taptes center console. I’m assuming it’s better with OEM, but I can’t verify. I rectified that by glueing two rubber bumpers onto the mount and it’s solid as can be. My iPhone XR fits perfectly into the cradle. I’m currently running a slim rubber case, but I’ll throw the old otterbox onto it later and see if it fits. I believe it will.

The charging works well, the look is very clean, and the phone is visible and easy to access. Much safer than fiddling with charging cords in the car.

Overall I am very pleased. For $60 shipped, there’s great value there IMO.

This is not a paid or sponsored review. I bought this product at full price.

Looks great! Does the lid close easily? I 3d printed my own very similarly, with similar cost. That looks like a good value as well. To print your own even close to Greenmission;'s you would need a pretty high end 3d printer. How is the charging rate? Thanks!!

IMG_8973.jpg IMG_8968.jpg IMG_8969.jpg