Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greenville, SC 3rd Party Service vs. Tesla Charlotte, NC Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all - new to the forums here! I am looking to purchase a 2021 Model SR+ or LR and was looking for more info regarding service as I live in Greenville, SC and the nearest Tesla Service Center is in Charlotte, NC. Hoping some can help with questions below...I appreciate the help as a noob!

1. Does anyone know of any place in Greenville, SC that services Tesla's or am I stuck driving to Charlotte for service? Will mobile service from all the way to Greenville?
  2. Do I have to take delivery in Charlotte at the service center?

Thanks!

Reactions: jsight
Hey! I'm actually moving to Greenville in a couple of weeks, so I don't (yet) have specific answers for you, but I have educated guesses.
  1. My guess is that they do mobile service for Greenville out of Charlotte. I currently live in a much smaller city that's about 50 miles from the nearest SC, and they are up here once every two weeks. Greenville being much larger, I would expect a bit more frequency, even with it being ~100 miles from Charlotte.
  2. My guess is yes. I got a Tesla-arranged third-party delivery because I'm over 250 miles from the nearest SC (that can deliver; the in-state one here can't because of dealership laws). This does seem to be a bit of a moving target, as some folks much nearer get home deliveries at times. I'd ask in advance if it would be an issue. I asked specifically in advance, because I didn't want to spend a whole day driving round trip. Though, 100 miles each way isn't bad at all (to me anyway).

1. Thankfully I haven't had to service mine, but other local (Greenville SC) residents have reported they've had good luck with the movie rangers out of Charlotte.
2. I'm pretty sure you can take delivery at any center. When I bought mine, they asked if I wanted Charlotte or Atlanta. Charlotte is good but construction on I-85 is a bummer. Maybe I should have picked ATL.

Reactions: jsight
1. Thankfully I haven't had to service mine, but other local (Greenville SC) residents have reported they've had good luck with the movie rangers out of Charlotte.
2. I'm pretty sure you can take delivery at any center. When I bought mine, they asked if I wanted Charlotte or Atlanta. Charlotte is good but construction on I-85 is a bummer. Maybe I should have picked ATL.
Ha, yeah, that trip from Greenville to Charlotte and back is pretty miserable. It seems like it might be years before it is really ok again.

Was supposed to be done in 2021 originally, now they are saying 2023. It is definitely a terrible stretch right now but it really, really needed to be fixed and it should've been done 10+ years ago.
Yeah, upgrades have been badly needed. I'm just thinking about how long it took to do the segments from Greenville to Spartanburg. It feels like it is an incredibly slow process.

It really will be nice when that is finished, along with all of the other projects in place (I20 in SC, 26 near Asheville, etc).