TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Greetings from Lisbon, Portugal

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by andrerodpt, Jul 8, 2016.

1. andrerodpt

andrerodpt Member

Hi all.

First of all, bear with me since English is not my mother language.
    I usually understand quite well, but I still can make some written mistakes that will make your eyes cringe. But I digress...

I'm 35 years old, an ICE user since my eighteens. But being a father of an one year old kid (say hi Leonardo!), I'm every more worried on what example I am to him. Thinking "eco" is turned to eleven since the kid was born.

Being a car enthusiast since I can recall, the brand Tesla was not unfamiliar to me since it's inception.
    But I never quite get the hang on what's the fuss about ZEV's, especially those ridiculous max-ranges.

It was until I read the Elon Musk biography (actually it was an audiobook...) that I got quite interested. And I mean "a lot" interested! Fast-forward a few months since, I'm now a huge fanboy of Elon, Tesla and SpaceX, following the news everyday and even following the $TSLA stock, rooting for it to overcome those pesky shorts.

And since driving is understand it, I went for a test drive about a month ago on a MS P85D and everything changed. Me, once a drive nut and passionate about every brand, I don't understand today why someone would buy any car not Tesla in the price bracket of a Model S... Mind you, if I win the lottery, I would still want a F12 and a Porsche Singer. But my first two would be 2 Model S - one P90 for my wife and a P90D fully specd except Sub-Zero pack (we don't need that here in Portugal) for me. I'm not a huge fan of MX looks, but that can change when I see one in person.

Right now I'm waiting for Tesla to arrive in force in Portugal (it is planned the opening of 3 SC stations in September but I don't see it possible in that timeframe) and more information on the Model 3.
    Yes, I know I wont be able to buy it until 2019/20 (and that considering that Tesla meets it's projected plans) but I can wait for something like that.

Or wait for that lottery ticket... Whatever comes first. :)

2. NovemberXray

NovemberXray Member

Welcome!

I am very similar, having always loved cars, wanted to be an astronaut, caring about the environment, and recently reading Elons biography, and becoming obsessed with Tesla! :)

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend reading the fascinating and very detailed 4 part series on Elon Musk, Tesla, and SpaceX on the www.waitbutwhy.com blog. Also great stuff on Artificial Intelligence!

3. andrerodpt

andrerodpt Member

Thanks NovemberXray!

I have read it. Tim is great in explaining complex topics in an efficient and funny way.
    I still have to read the topic on AI, though...