TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Greetings from Regensburg, Germany

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Geoff57, May 30, 2014.

1. Geoff57

Geoff57 Member

Hi. I am currently an enthusiast but plan to be an owner someday. Tesla is just completing a supercharger just minutes from my home. That has to be an omen. I originally come from the Jersey Shore so I was glad to hear there is another one near Turnpike exit 7a. And one other thing; my mom's family emigrated from Serbia and Tesla was a household name in the family.

2. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Welcome! I have friends in Regensburg and was going to visit last summer but had to cancel.

Any update on the Regensburg SC? It looked pretty far along two weeks ago.

3. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

You can be the official Regensburg Supercharger spy and provide updates. It was a fun adventure to track progress with the early Superchargers in the US and report back to the forums. The excitement was palpable.

4. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Welcome Geoff! I used to live between Regensburg and Nuremburg. I miss the idyllic countryside...but that was many years ago! We used to drive down to Regensburg for a great Balkan restaurant.

5. Geoff57

Geoff57 Member

I drove by a few days ago and the individual chargers were all set up. The people doing the work once told they can't comment on the opening date. I assume it will be this month. Just my personal guess.

6. Geoff57

Geoff57 Member

I checked out the Regensburg SC again today, but there wasn't that much obvious progress to be seen. What I don't know is how much is going on behind the station and what is being connected in the pits behind. I'll keep you posted.

7. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Thanks for checking!

8. Geoff57

Geoff57 Member

Tesla announced that the Regensburg SC Station is now open. I'll drive by again soon and do some spotting. Thanks to the Tesla team for putting one up so close to my home. Now I have another argument for ordering my Model S.

9. tigerade

tigerade Member

Great to hear! Thanks for the update, and welcome to TMC.

10. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

That was fairly quick! Thanks for the status reports.

11. Geoff57

Geoff57 Member

I am now into the next phase of MS worship; we have a test drive in August in Munich and can hardly wait. I'll report after the ride.