Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greetings from South NJ, USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all. I was interested in the Model 3 but couldn't wait for production to start in December of 2016, so I leased a 2017 Chevy Volt. My commute is about 18 miles and I've been fortunately to be able to put 20,000 electric miles on my Volt since I can do the round trip commute with electric range to spare.

Just put in a pre-order for the CyberTruck. And I just discovered on this site that they are building a supercharger facility about 10 minutes from my home. I know I have 2+ years to wait for the CyberTruck but it will be perfect time to give my daughter the Volt and upgrade to a Tesla.

Hoping to learn all about Tesla tech. Best to you all,

Alex

Greetings all. I was interested in the Model 3 but couldn't wait for production to start in December of 2016, so I leased a 2017 Chevy Volt. My commute is about 18 miles and I've been fortunately to be able to put 20,000 electric miles on my Volt since I can do the round trip commute with electric range to spare.

Just put in a pre-order for the CyberTruck. And I just discovered on this site that they are building a supercharger facility about 10 minutes from my home. I know I have 2+ years to wait for the CyberTruck but it will be perfect time to give my daughter the Volt and upgrade to a Tesla.

Alex

If you were able to commute and use your Volt with 18 miles commute, you're fine with any EV and charging at 120V...

Continue to save money driving on electric and that Cybertruck would be that closer to being fully paid.

If you were able to commute and use your Volt with 18 miles commute, you're fine with any EV and charging at 120V...

Continue to save money driving on electric and that Cybertruck would be that closer to being fully paid.

Thanks Dennis. My thoughts exactly. Hoping to put a sizable deposit on that new Tesla when it hit production. Judging by past releases, I probably won't be able to buy it until 2022, but that means I'll be able to put even more $ down when I purchase it. Thanks for the feedback.

Alex

Welcome to the longest wait ever :) We've all been there.