TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Greetings from South NJ, USA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by arodriguez, Dec 1, 2019.

1. arodriguez

arodriguez Member

Greetings all. I was interested in the Model 3 but couldn't wait for production to start in December of 2016, so I leased a 2017 Chevy Volt. My commute is about 18 miles and I've been fortunately to be able to put 20,000 electric miles on my Volt since I can do the round trip commute with electric range to spare.

Just put in a pre-order for the CyberTruck. And I just discovered on this site that they are building a supercharger facility about 10 minutes from my home. I know I have 2+ years to wait for the CyberTruck but it will be perfect time to give my daughter the Volt and upgrade to a Tesla.

Hoping to learn all about Tesla tech. Best to you all,

Alex

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

If you were able to commute and use your Volt with 18 miles commute, you're fine with any EV and charging at 120V...

Continue to save money driving on electric and that Cybertruck would be that closer to being fully paid.

3. arodriguez

arodriguez Member

Thanks Dennis. My thoughts exactly. Hoping to put a sizable deposit on that new Tesla when it hit production. Judging by past releases, I probably won't be able to buy it until 2022, but that means I'll be able to put even more $ down when I purchase it. Thanks for the feedback.

4. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Active Member

Welcome aboard, Alex! Lots of good folks here. Enjoy!

5. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Supporting Member

Welcome to the longest wait ever :) We've all been there.

6. arodriguez

arodriguez Member

Thanks Michael.

7. arodriguez

arodriguez Member

LOL. Yes, good thing there are thousands of YouTube videos to watch. Thanks.

8. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Welcome !!!

9. arodriguez

arodriguez Member

Thanks J.