TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Greetings from the Garden State

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Odebek, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Odebek

Odebek Don't Panic

Hi TMC! I have been pretty active on a few forums since the end of June, but just realized that I never posted an introduction!

I am a software engineering executive for a Fortune 50 company and live south of Princeton, NJ near the NJ / PA border.

I hate that I was so late to the EV scene, I actually looked in 2013 when I bought my last car, and almost bought a Ford Fusion Energi, but after reading Consumer Reports I ended up buying a VW Passat SEL TDI...

Fast forward through the diesel emissions scandal and I am ready for a new car. Having been out of the loop on Tesla, I didn't end up pre-ordering a Model 3 online until it hit the news on April 2nd. My plan was to go without a car while waiting for the Model 3 and just use Uber; however, I caught the Elon Musk interview at the Code Conference in June and decided that I needed to get in the game sooner. I happened to be on a business trip to Menlo Park at the time and scheduled a test drive, a week later I placed my order.

The new plan is to lease my S60D to bridge the time until I can purchase a Model 3. My Tesla just entered production and barring any major shipping delays I should officially be a fob-carrying member of TMC by the end of the month.

Happy to meet you all!

• Like x 3
  2. ww73

ww73 Member

Congrats from Seattle (I grew up in NJ)!

3. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Welcome! If you ever see a Brown 85 around with NJ plates, give me a wave!

4. fallen888

fallen888 Lurker

Very happy for you to take delivery soon. Exciting times.

I'm also in software engineering (but not an executive quite yet). And I live extremely close to you, in lower/central Bucks County (near Washington's Crossing).

We've been on the same threads for a week or two now. I follow your lead with my delivery likely a couple weeks behind yours.

5. Odebek

Odebek Don't Panic

Great minds! Ha! Hope they build yours quick, and put us on a truck instead of amtrak! Definitely have to get together for a coffee once we get our cars and compare notes!

• Like x 1