Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greetings from the Garden State

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC! I have been pretty active on a few forums since the end of June, but just realized that I never posted an introduction!

I am a software engineering executive for a Fortune 50 company and live south of Princeton, NJ near the NJ / PA border.

I hate that I was so late to the EV scene, I actually looked in 2013 when I bought my last car, and almost bought a Ford Fusion Energi, but after reading Consumer Reports I ended up buying a VW Passat SEL TDI...

Fast forward through the diesel emissions scandal and I am ready for a new car. Having been out of the loop on Tesla, I didn't end up pre-ordering a Model 3 online until it hit the news on April 2nd. My plan was to go without a car while waiting for the Model 3 and just use Uber; however, I caught the Elon Musk interview at the Code Conference in June and decided that I needed to get in the game sooner. I happened to be on a business trip to Menlo Park at the time and scheduled a test drive, a week later I placed my order.

The new plan is to lease my S60D to bridge the time until I can purchase a Model 3. My Tesla just entered production and barring any major shipping delays I should officially be a fob-carrying member of TMC by the end of the month.

Happy to meet you all!

Very happy for you to take delivery soon. Exciting times.

I'm also in software engineering (but not an executive quite yet). And I live extremely close to you, in lower/central Bucks County (near Washington's Crossing).

We've been on the same threads for a week or two now. I follow your lead with my delivery likely a couple weeks behind yours.