TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Grey 21in wheels

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Ben Roth, May 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ben Roth

Ben Roth New Member

any one else have problem with paint peeling off the rims? I might have rubbed in car wash but that should not peel the color

2. justthebest

justthebest New Member

No problems in ~600 miles here. The detailer coated the wheels with a ceramic protectant, and he didn't mention any issues.

3. tga

tga Supporting Member

I'm surprised no one else mentioned any issues. I have a new set (only on the car for ~ 1 month), and I have a couple of chips where the spokes meet the rim on one, and some "pinholes" on another (looks like silver overspray). I didn't check them before installing, nor have a curbed them or hit anything. I'm ordering the touchup paint to try out.

4. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Two sets on two different cars with 60k miles between the two. The only issue I have ever had was one time tapping a curb (my fault) but both sets still look new ¯\_(ツ)_/¯