TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Grey Interior/Leather

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by e4chan, Oct 22, 2013.

1. e4chan

e4chan Member

Hello all Tesla owners with Grey Interiors....

How is the maintenance of the light color leather? I currently ordered black performance seats (because I am lazy).....but really like the grey interior. I used to have lemon (white) interior in my BMW and find jeans (dye) transfers to the seat over time.

I know I have to regular clean and condition the leather....just wondering what others think?

Thanks,
    e4

2. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

will be ordering black leather as well, for the same reason

3. Tslagrl

Tslagrl Member

I've only had my car a month, but so far no issues at all, and I wear jeans all the time. I've been wearing new jeans too, and no dye transfer :smile:
    I love the grey interior.

4. jacobp

jacobp Member

I just picked up my Grey P85 with Grey performance seats. They are gorgeous. I never get black interior due to the heat issue. While i cannot attest to how they will wear, they look beautiful.

5. e4chan

e4chan Member

Congrats jacobp! They do look great!.....I think I will call in to change my order.

6. Twiddler

Twiddler Member

I am now approaching 12,000 miles on my non-performance grey leather interior, and I have been thoroughly impressed with how well it has held up! Still just as soft, and you really cannot tell the difference between the driver's and one of the passenger seats, save that the former may be a little more shiny from wear (but you expect that in any leather seat). No cracking, creasing, or visible discoloration whatsoever. Have yet to clean/condition them - probably next week actually.

DISCLAIMER: I do not have children

7. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I have the performance grey leather seats and they will pick up dye from certain pairs of jeans if it's hot and I sweat. It wipes right off with a damp microfiber cloth.