Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of us have figured this was a long time coming. When the X was released and had ultra white seats, we figured it was only a matter of time until they were offered on the S and grey was discontinued. I ordered grey but asked about switching to ultra white. My car had just entered production so it was too late to change. I'll get one of the last ones with grey seats, which still look great. Yay!

I know the ultra white seats aren't available on the S60/S75 yet. They are available on the P100 and then became available on the S90 so I'm sure they will be offered eventually on all models.

My DS alluded to this. I placed my order in October and he said if you got grey seats the delivery would be mid 2017. Delivery for all other seat options would be this year. He basically said they are moving away from the grey seats. Kind of a bummer, I really like them and probably would have selected them with for my Pearl White MS.

I think Tesla discontinued the grey seat color because it was the least popular, based on my informal sample of the many Teslas I see in the area where I live, which likely has the greatest number of Teslas anywhere (but not the highest concentration).

Perhaps Tesla will start offering the white seats on the S, or maybe some other color, but surely they will offer more than two color choices. Personally I do not like the look of the white seats, when I order again I will probably get tan.

1f82d9.jpg

Hmm. Same - all our cars have grey leather - just got 2015 15 with it, really prefer it to both alternatives. Might be like White body color - gets discontinued for a short while then comes back. That said seems like grey interior is <10% of CPOs so seems relatively unpopular.