TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Grey seats going away...

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Az_Rael, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Wonder if that means ultra white will trickle down to all of the models now.

• Disagree x 1
  3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I hope so. Many car companies offer at least 3 interior color choices, so only having two would be odd.

4. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Please add brown and red interior options!!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. drsaab

drsaab Member

Yes this is true. My order for a 2017 60D has to be changed from grey to tan or black or cloth. No white option for 60D at the moment.

6. hmmm

hmmm Member

7. houstonian

houstonian ಠ_ಠ

Grey seats are no longer an option for S60/S75. Current options are: 1. Black Textile, 2. Tan Next Gen, 3. Black Next Gen, 4. Black Leather (first gen).

8. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

A lot of us have figured this was a long time coming. When the X was released and had ultra white seats, we figured it was only a matter of time until they were offered on the S and grey was discontinued. I ordered grey but asked about switching to ultra white. My car had just entered production so it was too late to change. I'll get one of the last ones with grey seats, which still look great. Yay!

I know the ultra white seats aren't available on the S60/S75 yet. They are available on the P100 and then became available on the S90 so I'm sure they will be offered eventually on all models.

9. houstonian

houstonian ಠ_ಠ

Agreed - only a matter of time and until then, the S60/S75's will lack grey/white option. :eek:

10. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

I saw on the spreadsheet that you got some of the last grey seats as well. Any chance you'd change to premium ultra white, if offered?

11. BBB4000

BBB4000 Member

My DS alluded to this. I placed my order in October and he said if you got grey seats the delivery would be mid 2017. Delivery for all other seat options would be this year. He basically said they are moving away from the grey seats. Kind of a bummer, I really like them and probably would have selected them with for my Pearl White MS.

12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I think Tesla discontinued the grey seat color because it was the least popular, based on my informal sample of the many Teslas I see in the area where I live, which likely has the greatest number of Teslas anywhere (but not the highest concentration).

Perhaps Tesla will start offering the white seats on the S, or maybe some other color, but surely they will offer more than two color choices. Personally I do not like the look of the white seats, when I order again I will probably get tan.

13. Haxster

Haxster Member

The white seats are available on the 90D and P100D.

14. Kutu

Kutu Member

I was bummed that I couldn't get the grey seats in my Model X; I really liked them in my Model S.

15. Spidy

Spidy Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

Why? Too little demand..? I have had grey seats for the last 5 out of six cars starting in 2006. really like them, contrasting with black carpets.

17. ev-now

ev-now Member

Hmm. Same - all our cars have grey leather - just got 2015 15 with it, really prefer it to both alternatives. Might be like White body color - gets discontinued for a short while then comes back. That said seems like grey interior is <10% of CPOs so seems relatively unpopular.

18. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

No more gray cows...

• Funny x 5
  19. David29

David29 Member

Not yet on the lower-price Model S. Still only on 90 and 100 kwh battery versions.
    Sorry to see the gray go. We love the gray on our 2015 Model S....

20. scottm

scottm Active Member

Don't worry! Get the white seats. They will be grey (in places) soon enough.

• Funny x 2