Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my Model S (Oct. 2014) I wished they had a "white" option (although the ultra-white is a little over-white for me). I was happy with the grey as it was nearly off-white and not ugly grey like BMW used to make. Grey looked classy with dark cars... looking forward to BROWN interiors! (hint, Tesla)

Got a call from Tesla today - S60 on order, opted for late January / early February delivery.

Tesla indicated the grey seats are discountinued as of 1/1/2017 and therefore they would not be able to build my car as configured in January. Offered the following resolutions:
  1. Keep origional delivery date of late Jan / early Feb (read: produce car in 2017) but select TEXTILE, BLACK CLASSIC LEATHER, TAN NEXT GEN LEATHER, or BLACK NEXT GEN LEATHER.
  2. Produce car in 2016, take delivery in Jan 2017 with EXISTING grey-seat configuration (indicated taking delivery on 1/31/2017 would not be an issue. Suspect I could defer delivery to early Feb if needed.
Inquired if they could install the WHITE LEATHER seats in the S60, told no.

Requested I follow up by the 12/9/2017 with my decision. Also offered a free design change if I wanted to modify any other aspect of the car.

Planning on opting for #2 (2016 production with grey seats). I dislike the tan, the black is intreguing but with the black headliner it's a bit too black for my taste. Not interested in the textile or 1st gen leather seats.

Not sure if anyone else is in teh same boat, but if so, heads up.

Reactions: pslawing
Gosh... sad.

I really don't like the ultra white myself... far too glaring. I'm assuming it is a fad but everyone has their own tastes.

I went with black because my car is grey. I'd have picked grey with another color like silver (oops discontinued). I just like cool colors a lot more than warm colors and tan would be my last choice.

When I ordered my Model S (Oct. 2014) I wished they had a "white" option (although the ultra-white is a little over-white for me). I was happy with the grey as it was nearly off-white and not ugly grey like BMW used to make.

I love the grey leather on my car. Wasn't expecting to like it, because I disliked the ugly BMW grey, but fell in love when I actually saw Tesla's grey so I ordered that. I think the new ultra-white looks sharp, but it is certainly bright, I could see how it would be too much for some.

[...]

Planning on opting for #2 (2016 production with grey seats). I dislike the tan, the black is intreguing but with the black headliner it's a bit too black for my taste. Not interested in the textile or 1st gen leather seats.

I'm biased but I think this is the correct decision - those were exactly my thoughts on interiors when configuring my car - coincidentally delivered exactly 1 year ago today! :D

@houstonian you didn't say what exterior colour you've chosen, but in case you need any more help deciding grey interior + is the way to go, I offer some old photos I posted last year...
Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

p.s. the interior still looks great IMO 1 year later (no colour transfer, etc). No regrets choosing it, and sad to hear it's being discontinued.

I'm biased but I think this is the correct decision - those were exactly my thoughts on interiors when configuring my car - coincidentally delivered exactly 1 year ago today! :D

@houstonian you didn't say what exterior colour you've chosen, but in case you need any more help deciding grey interior + is the way to go, I offer some old photos I posted last year...
Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

p.s. the interior still looks great IMO 1 year later (no colour transfer, etc). No regrets choosing it, and sad to hear it's being discontinued.
Thanks for those pics - looks good!

White exterior. You know, because Houston in the summertime and whatnot.

Also opted for the glossy obeche (sp?) wood; always like the elegance of wood in a car.

Thanks for those pics - looks good!

White exterior. You know, because Houston in the summertime and whatnot.

Also opted for the glossy obeche (sp?) wood; always like the elegance of wood in a car.

ah, good choice!
...perhaps like this Pearl White 70D (w/ grey NextGen seats & black alcantara) I spotted last year at a pop-up Tesla display in NYC?

DSC06750.jpg DSC06752.jpg

saw this months before I ordered my car. although I went with Deep Blue, I have to say I was pretty impressed seeing this white/grey combo in person

Well, looks like my grey leather 2014 non-AP limited-parking-sensor P85 just vastly increased in value. The bidding can begin in PM, starting at double, nay TRIPLE my original cost!
I'll match your rare grey seats and raise you one extremely-rare-and-no-longer-available black roof/silver body color combination PLUS the no-longer-available Lacewood interior trim!

Bidding for my 2013 S starts at $500,000. :rolleyes: