Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grey Sport Wheels Spotted on M3Ps on Car Carrier – An Option Soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FutureShock

Best Coast Denizen
Aug 30, 2017
NorCal
Hi all, I live in the Silicon Valley, not far from Fremont. I can report that Tesla does this thing where they park car carriers full of Teslas in a big East Bay shopping center's parking lot (I frequent a restaurant in this shopping center).

I don't know why they do this, but I've seen them do this for months now at the same shopping center lot, which is only a few miles from their factory.

Last night, I saw some more Tesla car carriers there, and lo and behold, one of them had a lot of M3Ps on it, wearing 20" Sport Wheels... but in grey! They were all on black and grey M3Ps, and matched them very well, I have to say.

Aside from the color, they looked exactly like the current 20" Sport Wheels, no differences at all in shape. Thought about taking a pic, but it was night, and my phone frankly takes very crap shots in low light.

So, apologies if this was already known thing, but it's the first I'd ever heard (and seen!) of it. Just wanted to report it in case anyone was holding out for the option, as absent some kind of weird head-fake, it does appear to be coming sometime in the fairly near future (and does look good!).

Cheers.

• Informative
Reactions: CitiesSprinter
I saw them on a facebook post yesterday in the model 3 group..looks like they are for a european shipment..I really hope they are going to be on the upcoming batch for US orders..I haver a m3p on order and id love those wheels :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 7.41.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 7.41.51 AM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 251
I saw them on a facebook post yesterday in the model 3 group..looks like they are for a european shipment..I really hope they are going to be on the upcoming batch for US orders..I haver a m3p on order and id love those wheels :)

Looks like I don't have to take pics now. Nice catch!

Will say though that they look considerably nicer paired with black or grey M3Ps than the other available car colors.

IMHO, of course. ;)

Look nice! Well, not an option on US order site. These are clearly going overseas (license plate frames). Does Europe have the option?

Perhaps use a VPN to Europe and look at the UK Tesla web page?
Don’t have to use a VPN, the Tesla site lets you change your location and ‘shop’ in other nations’ Tesla stores.

Looking around at many (not all- there’s so many!) of the other countries, the only new wheel option that seems to be showing up currently are the new aero wheels, and only for China and Taiwan.

But, I’m sure that’ll change in the weeks to come. Those dark grey Sport wheels are going somewhere. :cool:

Don't see what the excitement is about

They are just the color grey. Anyone can get silver rims painted grey or black or any color and you can definitely afford spending $250 to paint them on a $40,000+ car lol

Gonna cost more than $250. In the Bay Area here to get a good powder coat (say from OC Detailing who was less expensive than many shops), prepare to spend $800 on up.