Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grey vs. Green, Black top vs. Non

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a hard time choosing between the grey and the green, and whether I should go with black top or not (no pano for me).

Anyone have pics of either color with a black top? I'm having trouble finding any even with a Google Images search.

Thanks!

I did a quick search of TMC and found this one that appears to have the black roof:
attachment.php?attachmentid=12779&stc=1&d=1355280287.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I know gg_got_a_Tesla has the green with black roof, but I couldn't find any pics he has out there. I'm sure he'd be happy to take or send some!

I wouldn't bother with the black roof on a green car (or blue). The colors are dark enough where there won't be much contrast. For silver, grey, and white if that is the look you want go for it (I almost got white with black roof). I think black roof with brown would be a terrible combo, but could be wrong.

And black roof with black is just silly. And well going to Georgia Tech I can't condone a red car with a black roof.

I did a quick search of TMC and found this one that appears to have the black roof:
attachment.php?attachmentid=12779&stc=1&d=1355280287.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I know gg_got_a_Tesla has the green with black roof, but I couldn't find any pics he has out there. I'm sure he'd be happy to take or send some!

Thanks! That looks good. The wife really likes the grey.

I wouldn't bother with the black roof on a green car (or blue). The colors are dark enough where there won't be much contrast. For silver, grey, and white if that is the look you want go for it (I almost got white with black roof). I think black roof with brown would be a terrible combo, but could be wrong.

And black roof with black is just silly. And well going to Georgia Tech I can't condone a red car with a black roof.

I like the green a lot, but was concerned about how dark it was compared to the black roof. Hopefully someone has some pics to share. Thanks!

The green color is lovely, especially in the sun. I would stick with green roof if you don't get pano. Green looks almost black when it is overcast, if you get days like that in LA!

You can tell from Newscutter's pics that darker rims are indeed in the works for his grey lady...the grey TSTs look perfect next to the grey, you can see some of our test pics in the photo roll.

Personal opinion, of course, but I would only put a black roof on the red or white. Don't think it generates enough impact on either the silver or grey and disappears on the others. Take a look at any of those colors with a pano and you'll get a pretty good idea (though not perfect) of the impact of a black roof.