Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grid Draw Grossly Wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
House always reads 10kWh to 20kWh of grid draw each day even when the house is totally powered by combo of solar and Powerwalls. Pic shows no appreciable grid draw but 11kWh of usage.

Mode is self-powered 45% reserve.

Any ideas what causes this erroneous data?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-222426_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20201202-222426_Tesla.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 116
House always reads 10kWh to 20kWh of grid draw each day even when the house is totally powered by combo of solar and Powerwalls. Pic shows no appreciable grid draw but 11kWh of usage.

Mode is self-powered 45% reserve.

Any ideas what causes this erroneous data?
Crazy. Others may have a better answer but they screwed up royally someplace.
Do you get solar production correctly? Perhaps they screwed up the current sensors in several location?
My antenna on the sensor, nor powerline sensor, was inside sub-panel. Very erratic signal as why would it even get out of the metal sub-panel?
Another tech came out after a while, moved the antenna into wall cavity through one of those knock out holes. Works like a charm
but had one hiccup a week later and one short one today.

Or, Gateway is not setup properly. That last tech also moved some wires around in there as well.

From what I can tell from reading peoples experiences here, app reporting irregularities are normally caused by the current transformers (CTs) being installed incorrectly. I would start with calling tesla energy support phone number and reporting out what you see in the app.

They might be able to fix it without getting installers back out there, or they might not. Depends on what it is. Definitely call them though, as that looks all kinds of wrong.

I am seeing 0.5-1.5 kWh "shadow" current to/from grid on a daily basis. Usually one figure matches the other for any given day, so for example if I receive 0.6 kWh from, then I will also see 0.6 kWh sent to the grid. Nowhere near what you are seeing, so a call to Tesla would probably help to clear things up.

I am seeing 0.5-1.5 kWh "shadow" current to/from grid on a daily basis. Usually one figure matches the other for any given day, so for example if I receive 0.6 kWh from, then I will also see 0.6 kWh sent to the grid. Nowhere near what you are seeing, so a call to Tesla would probably help to clear things up.

Called. They escalated to Level 2. Waiting to hear back.