Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grid export limited code update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t posted here in a while, too many other irons in the fire...but I thought I’d report on an update in my configuration (6.09 kWp, one Powerwall). My utility (a co-op) is a buy-all sell-all when it comes to solar. They want me to give them all of my production or none...if I happened to fill the Powerwall (typically spring or fall, no heat, no AC) and send them a couple kWh of free power they’d send a truck out to check my meter and were very unhappy. Well, finally, the solution. My solar installer was finally allowed by Tesla to configure the zero grid export option (the Hawaii code), to curtail the power at the inverter If the battery is full. I probably won’t see it fully in action for a month or so, but the tech showed me a screenshot of the config option setting. I also noticed that the system is pulling a tiny amount of grid power when the solar and house load fluctuate. Today had lots of broken clouds so production was all over the board. Here’s an annotated picture showing what I saw...

-Joel

3DAD0DF5-658F-4B7D-ABD8-50C89F680F51.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin