Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grid outage, Powerwall drops loads for minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The obvious questions:

Did the toggling of swithes include opening the main breaker? I would imagine it would have but just in case it got missed I figured I would mention it. I'm also assuming that they had you test just have no loads (i.e. opening all the load breakers).

When we had the outage last night it was a messy transition. I'm guessing the ride through features had the Powerwalls following the grid down to a brownout stage before it decided it was time to open the transfer switch.
Yes, we toggled the switches and opened and closed breakers for the PWs and between the generation panel and the Gateway. One weird thing that happened is that I opened the breaker between the generation panel and Gateway, then when I closed it, the app said that breakers were open. That is totally opposite to what it should be.

Anyway, the PW was supplying the house with ~1.5kW in TBC Mode when the grid went down. The two Powerwalls are clearly capable of supporting that load, even though the error message implied that they were not.
"Powerwall unable to power load. Reduce load, verify Powerwall breaker is on, and restart by toggling on/off switch."