Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gridserve Charger Sites in UK [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two more Gridserve Hubs, increasingly frustrating that these don't appear in the car.

Remarkable to think that if you stood at what is now Severn View in 1955 and we’re then beamed forward in time to today you’d see these new things
2 huge bridges
3 nuclear power stations (2 decommissioned)
And fast charger for electric cars.

You think you’d gone forward 300 years not 67

Update of Cornwall Services at Roach on the A30 - looks close

GridServer Cornwall Services 1 28th June 2022.jpg
GridServer Cornwall Services 2 28th June 2022.jpg

Reactions: Pink Duck
Remarkable to think that if you stood at what is now Severn View in 1955 and we’re then beamed forward in time to today you’d see these new things
2 huge bridges
3 nuclear power stations (2 decommissioned)
And fast charger for electric cars.

You think you’d gone forward 300 years not 67
Until you picked up a paper, Outside the EU, Rail strikes, risk of war with Russia, abortion illegal is half the US and then you would feel right at home again.

ah, so near Roche, and not Roach :D

I was confused by that :D
I probably pronounce it all wrong as well...calls me out for not being native all the time down here...

No real update on the chargers, still fenced off when I went past earlier today - although there was someone working on the transformers at the back.

I'm guessing / hoping they are rushing for the peak holiday season which kicks in this weekend.

When the Tesla points are fully opened up to the public it will be a great in-fill between Launceston ?(Lifton) and Camborne. There is the Shell at Fraddon at 150Kw but there are only two stalls and queues up quite a lot.

Just visited my first EF site at Norwich.

Absolutely ace. Facilities and ease-of use-top notch. I thought I give the Gridserve chargers a go over the bank of Tesla chargers just to see what's what. Extremely fast, a doddle to use and realised while I was charging, massively cheaper. Gridserve 39p/kW vs Tesla 55p. Even accounting for charging losses, I expect a healthy saving.

Just visited my first EF site at Norwich.

Absolutely ace. Facilities and ease-of use-top notch. I thought I give the Gridserve chargers a go over the bank of Tesla chargers just to see what's what. Extremely fast, a doddle to use and realised while I was charging, massively cheaper. Gridserve 39p/kW vs Tesla 55p. Even accounting for charging losses, I expect a healthy saving.
Need to correct myself here. EF sites are now 45p/kW. I'd read an out of date press release.

More Gridserve adventures yesterday.

I do a regular round trip to Perth from my base in the East Mids. The usual ABRP/car nav route is back down the M74/A66 to the A1 with a charge at Scotch Corner. Wanting to avoid SC at all costs, I was able to set off at 90% from Perth and get to Gridserve Wetherby, a total of 243 miles, arriving at 5% charge sticking to speed limits. Despite no pre-heating I got 175kW in the car straight away and only needed to charge for 9 minutes to get me to 31% for the homeward journey. A lot quicker than a potential 40 minute stop at Scotch Corner sharing a V2 stall. Much better facilities too.

This will be tricky to do all the time as the weather gets colder but there's a bit of margin - I can charge to 100% to keep this viable for a bit longer.

Reactions: Derek25
I'd rather not see huge pricerises, but I don't think they're wildly unreasonable given current wholesale rates. If they're charging about the same as Tesla at superchargers, then they're certainly being fair to their customers.

Hopefully they can bring the prices down once the business support scheme is sorted (It's ridiculously late...)

Reactions: browellm
Looks like Cornwall Services, Roche, is now open.

Barriers were removed and what looked like an i3 hooked up when I went past last night.

Didn't stop, was just passing by on the A30, so not confirmed.
It’s now confirmed on social media. Apparently it‘s got new software and is open for testing to the public.

Cornwall Services Testing