Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gridserve Charger Sites in UK [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if there is a way to invest in Gridserve, I don't think my pension is secure solely in the hands of the FTSE.

I don’t think you can at present. They are a private limited company backed by Hitachi Capital. They are hoping to float on the market in 2-3 years, and that would be the first opportunity to invest.

I would have thought it would be good for there to be some restaurant facilities ... I don't think I spotted any (other than Costa snacks presumably). Stopping for lunch when charging makes it a pleasure if the facilities are good e.g. Tebay Supercharger on M6.

I imagine the problem would be charging finishing before you've finished your meal, and limited parking if you want to move the car mid meal (a pain to do anyway). The model is presumably maximum throughput but good facilities for a 30 min approx stop.

Purely by fortuitous coincidence I'm passing there later this month and am really looking forward to trying it.

• Funny
Reactions: dakaix and ringi
I did have a thought, would they be providing friendly advice to encourage those that can't utilize more than 90kw to use the lower power chargers. I know other places encourage this by having higher prices on the faster chargers (not a huge fan of this). I'm a bit surprised they didn't make them all 350kw with load sharing, making it less likely that low power cars hog the high power chargers. Maybe its just not relevant yet.

Might pop in on Friday on the way back from Chelmsford with my new 3.

I did have a thought, would they be providing friendly advice to encourage those that can't utilize more than 90kw to use the lower power chargers. I know other places encourage this by having higher prices on the faster chargers (not a huge fan of this). I'm a bit surprised they didn't make them all 350kw with load sharing, making it less likely that low power cars hog the high power chargers. Maybe its just not relevant yet.

Agree that not all EV drivers can be relied upon to choose the most relevant charger. Some people just won't know what their own car can charge at so will be attracted by the big number. However, I imagine that it would be very expensive to have all speeds available at all points.

I imagine the problem would be charging finishing before you've finished your meal, and limited parking if you want to move the car mid meal (a pain to do anyway). The model is presumably maximum throughput but good facilities for a 30 min approx stop.

Fair enough but not all EVs charge as fast as a Tesla ... and there are even 7kW points there ... so not much charge in 30 minutes!

Plans for Ucksfield Solar Electric Forecourt (R)
Planning.Wealden.gov.uk/plandisp.aspx?recno=150249

WD/2020/1244/MAJ

876C96A9-3152-4AF0-8AA4-3EAEA92B1B82.jpeg

Last edited: