Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grill Me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More snub - less snub.

snubnose.gif

Yes, that makes sense I think. Here is an attempt:

fm54TJi.jpg

This area of the car is highly sensitive to the slightest change. Maybe some would prefer more of a "pinch" in the front, others more rounded. I tried to keep it somewhere in between.

And I think it's been mentioned a few times.....it's not about grill vs no grill, but doing something about that unfinished snout. I don't want a grill either. I also like S3XY's original suggestion, seems that would be a good compromise between the pro vs anti-snouts :)

Oink. Oink.

Exactly!Thank you for doing it. That takes away the "granny look" which the original one has and makes the nose to go with the rest of the car.

This is it now! I want it :)

Design with respect to appeal/beauty/attractiveness is one thing - highly subjective. But what's interesting to ponder is how it might be that such a snubbed off nose would be better for aerodynamics/drag than a more pointy one. Perhaps there's something counter intuitive going on here with regard to that?

• Informative
Reactions: Newb
Design with respect to appeal/beauty/attractiveness is one thing - highly subjective. But what's interesting to ponder is how it might be that such a snubbed off nose would be better for aerodynamics/drag than a more pointy one. Perhaps there's something counter intuitive going on here with regard to that?
That's what I was thinking. Why else would they have included it. The one thing my option does (see OP) is keep the blunt ridge but add the Tesla logo to break it up and also make a statement.

BRAVO!! Either one looks so much better. Please someone forward this Elon!

Look, I guarantee you this...

If this was the car that Elon unveiled absolutely no one would say - "Oooh, it would look so much better with a blunt faced nose!"

Thanks Mihai!

By the way... I am a designer. ;)

Guaranteed.

Alright sirs, I believe this is what you're looking for, first one is James version, and bottom one with voyagers suggestion to also make a slight crease between the light slits:

ashRZB4.jpg

x8XQOQ9.jpg

This is what I meant with a boat bow like front end if you catch my drift.

Yeah, more of a crease and bent in more to create depth? I think the last version I made could maybe have that low crease even deeper but I wouldn't make it as extreme as that Lambo, no?

The James version by Mihai looks amazing. I hope someone has tweeted Elon a link to this picture.

I kind of like it even more with the lower crease added as well (the last version). I think I'm already on Franz's death list......we're just playing around! he, he....he.