Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grinding noise when turning steering wheel?

Bkl79

Nov 22, 2020
Charleston, Sc
I picked up my Model Y about a week ago. There is a grinding noise when I turn my steering wheel. The noise is coming from the steering column. When the steering wheel is telescoped all of the way out, the grinding noise stops but returns when I put the steering wheel back in a normal driving position. Has anyone else experienced a grinding noise when turning the steering wheel?

MrWattson

Aug 23, 2020
Central NJ
I just noticed the other day at full lock to the left. Caught me off-guard and I immediately turned the wheel clockwise. I thought it was an anomoly but will try to replicate in the coming days.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC