Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ground clearance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could see needing ground clearance in an area with huge, heavy wet snows and poor to no plowing (not an issue in CO though so I've never had a problem with low cars). You could always try it out and add a lift kit if it's not working out I guess.
We just had a deep wet snow here in SD yesterday and no trouble with our cars today. If you need to get out in the worst of it, that is a different story. (basically echoing what you said)

The best shot I've seen of the ground clearance on the Model Y. Tough to be definitive without something for scale, but this pic doesn't make me think its much, if any, higher than the Model 3

ENjRbjDUEAEmDLB.jpg

Give credit where credit is due. Taken from Reddit/Twitter
Nice Model Y Shots : teslamotors

The best shot I've seen of the ground clearance on the Model Y. Tough to be definitive without something for scale, but this pic doesn't make me think its much, if any, higher than the Model 3

Repeat of previous post:
As stated above, the tires are 0.8" larger in radius than Model 3. It'll be at least that much higher, but possibly only that much higher.