Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for FOBO Tire Plus - $30 or $50 off, plus free express shipping ($20 value)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received mine! Thank you Andyw2100 for putting the group buy together :biggrin:.

IMG_6630.JPG

IMG_6631.JPG

Got 2 - installed one. Did not have to supply FCC info to FedEx. Many thanks for organizing this.
I was searching for a place to mount the small transceiver unit. In car, out of sight, handy if I needed to look at it or reset Bluetooth settings. I chose the front face of the lower center console where the 12V cigarette lighter and USB ports are:

FOBO.jpg

Instead of using the enclosed small back double sided adhesive pad, I used some Velcro, so I could remove the unit easily to replace batteries. The unit looks like it is upside down in the photo, but if you are sitting in the driver's seat, you can lean over and glance down to see the 4 indicators in proper orientation.

I must say, I'm impressed with the packaging, very polished. For a very polished product, I'm rather surprised at the many spelling/formatting errors all over the software (I know English isn't their primary language, but still).

However, I'm far less impressed with the large set of permissions it needs on Android, and the massive badly-formatted draconian EULA you have to accept.

The EULA tells you that you don't own the hardware, it's part of the software, which you obviously only license, or that requiring emails from them, as they put it, is mandatory (they actually put it in bold).

Very uncomfortable with this EULA, so make sure you install the app and check it out before buying this.

See screenshot below.

Can someone explain the difference between standard and "guage/relational" pressure?

There is an advanced profile setting to display "guage pressure" so it matches handled pressure gauges. I found the Fobo reads a few pounds below relational pressure.

So if the spec on the car is to inflate to 42psi, is that Fobo pressure, or guage/relational pressure?

untitled1.jpg

Gauge pressure is like you would get on a standard tire gauge- which means that it is inaccurate, because gauges don't take altitude/barometer into account when they read (outside pressure changes with those). Normal fobo operation is accurate regardless of barometer or altitude. Much better!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I just checked out Salutica, the company that makes fobo....for some reason, I had expected a little startup kind of place - but these guys are a really sophisticated, large, design and manufacturing company, who also makes lots of stuff that Sony, Canon, etc. sell under their brands! Check them out at Salutica Allied Solutions - One Stop Solution Manufacturing Partner. It gives me more confidence that the fobo tire monitors are well designed and manufactured, not just a clever idea.

Last edited:
this from fobo:
"saw a comment from eventhusaist regarding the EULA. He misunderstood, just confirmed with our lawyers that the hardware is not included in the licensing. I read thru the terms again, and in the midst of legal jargons, it's quite clear that the licensing only applies to the software and appware. "

I ordered and received two sets of these. Thanks Andy for putting this together!

I had a long trip this weekend, and man, these are great little mods to have! It was really interesting to see just how the pressure and temperature changed in each tire during the trip.

I was a little skeptical at spending $360 for two sets, but they are worth every penny!

I have a question for the FOBO users. Last Friday my car was updated to the latest version of 6.2 (2.4.188). That same day, I installed the FOBO tire pressure system. Since then, my vampire power loss has increased from 2-3 miles per day to 7+ miles per day. I'm wondering whether the bluetooth system employed by FOBO is causing the car not to enter its sleep mode (the energy saving/sleep mode is selected in the car), or whether there is a bug in the latest version of 6.2 resulting in increased vampire power loss. Have any FOBO users noticed any increase in their standby power loss. I don't want to report this issue as a bug to Tesla if it is the result of using the FOBO system. Thanks.

I have a question for the FOBO users. Last Friday my car was updated to the latest version of 6.2 (2.4.188). That same day, I installed the FOBO tire pressure system. Since then, my vampire power loss has increased from 2-3 miles per day to 7+ miles per day. I'm wondering whether the bluetooth system employed by FOBO is causing the car not to enter its sleep mode (the energy saving/sleep mode is selected in the car), or whether there is a bug in the latest version of 6.2 resulting in increased vampire power loss. Have any FOBO users noticed any increase in their standby power loss. I don't want to report this issue as a bug to Tesla if it is the result of using the FOBO system. Thanks.

That would be totally unrelated to the fobo. However, off topic; I have noticed vampire drain is much higher when my car is plugged in. Plugged in, I lose ~5RM per day. Unplugged, I lose ~1RM per day. odd.