Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for FOBO Tire Plus - $30 or $50 off, plus free express shipping ($20 value)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of using the enclosed small back double sided adhesive pad, I used some Velcro, so I could remove the unit easily to replace batteries. The unit looks like it is upside down in the photo, but if you are sitting in the driver's seat, you can lean over and glance down to see the 4 indicators in proper orientation.

You might want to double check your adhesive pad. Both of mine came with very nice low-profile Velcro squares, possibly the thinest Velcro I've ever seen.

I'm going to be sending the second and last batch of e-mail addresses in tomorrow, Wednesday, May 6th, shortly after 3 PM Eastern time. If you want one (or more) of the FOBO Plus units at the group buy price of $179, including free express shipping, please comment here if you like, but more importantly be sure to PM me your e-mail address for the PayPal payment request and the quantity that you would like before 3 PM Eastern time tomorrow.

After that time I won't be coordinating any more group buys for these, I don't know if anyone else will try to, and I don't know if the company would offer group buy pricing. So if you want in at this price, this may be your last chance.

After that, you can, of course, purchase the units at the price available on the website: FOBO Tire Plus - FOBO

Thanks.

I'm going to be sending the second and last batch of e-mail addresses in tomorrow, Wednesday, May 6th, shortly after 3 PM Eastern time. If you want one (or more) of the FOBO Plus units at the group buy price of $179, including free express shipping, please comment here if you like, but more importantly be sure to PM me your e-mail address for the PayPal payment request and the quantity that you would like before 3 PM Eastern time tomorrow.

After that time I won't be coordinating any more group buys for these, I don't know if anyone else will try to, and I don't know if the company would offer group buy pricing. So if you want in at this price, this may be your last chance.

After that, you can, of course, purchase the units at the price available on the website: FOBO Tire Plus - FOBO

Thanks.

I have just submitted the second and final batch of orders, which included orders for another 30 units from 25 people. So in total 49 of us ordered 60 units and saved $3000, plus received free express shipping.

I have just submitted the second and final batch of orders, which included orders for another 30 units from 25 people. So in total 49 of us ordered 60 units and saved $3000, plus received free express shipping.

Thanks again for doing this. BTW I had a minor technical issue with BT pairing of 1 of 4 sensors and sent an e-mail to support. Got an instant response over a weekend and had a great exchange with James who worked out the bugs (turn of LTE before trying to pair sensors). The FOBO app keeps a log which can be e-mailed to Salutica for review. If you run into a problem with 1 sensor, pull the battery and 'reboot' then re-pair. All good.

Received and installed. Works great, thanks all for your efforts.

I sometimes find it hard to understand why on a technical marvel like a Model S, resorting to these in the aftermarket, as well as they do work (which is really good), is necessary in the first place.

Another thread indicated Tesla engineering has a set of these, lets hope they figure out a way to integrate them into the Tesla software.

I just found out probably why Tesla doesn't provide pressure display from the TPMS (this is FOBO's comment, and the reason why they believe that there will always be a need for their product)-
Most in-tire sensors work on 433mhz, with high power consumption, and you need to replace them once the batteries are flat, and it's a costly affair.
To give readings mean owners expect to see and judge accuracy, time between readings, etc. Also battery life will be compromised with readings as users expect quick update as well.

The TPMS on my 06 Corvette and 2013 Volt work perfectly and have never needed any service.

Thanks Andy, got mine today also.

I noticed that the psi reading changes up or down about .4 pounds while it's sitting cold.
Also one of my sensors read the tire temperature 4-5 degress higher than the other 3. I swapped it to another wheel and same results.
Anyone had any of the above issues?

Thanks Andy, got mine today also.

I noticed that the psi reading changes up or down about .4 pounds while it's sitting cold.
Also one of my sensors read the tire temperature 4-5 degress higher than the other 3. I swapped it to another wheel and same results.
Anyone had any of the above issues?

I also have one sensor that reads higher than the others for no particular reason.

I also have one sensor that reads higher than the others for no particular reason.

Sent email to FOBO and this is response I got:
**********************GE, our supplier of the FOBO tire sensor specifies the 6 sigma temperature variation is plus/minus 6 deg C. This means if you take 1000 sensors, majority will read plus/minus 1deg C, but 30% will read from 2 to 6degC.
Also the 6 sigma pressure variation is plus/minus 8 kPa(1.16psi). This means if you take 1000 sensors, majority will read plus/minus ~2 kPa(0.29psi), but ~30% will read from 3 to 8 kPa(0.44 to 1.16psi).
So the sensor is normal as per GE spec.
I guess I got either 1 sensor in this 30% group or 3 sensors in this 30% group.

Sent email to FOBO and this is response I got:
**********************GE, our supplier of the FOBO tire sensor specifies the 6 sigma temperature variation is plus/minus 6 deg C. This means if you take 1000 sensors, majority will read plus/minus 1deg C, but 30% will read from 2 to 6degC.
Also the 6 sigma pressure variation is plus/minus 8 kPa(1.16psi). This means if you take 1000 sensors, majority will read plus/minus ~2 kPa(0.29psi), but ~30% will read from 3 to 8 kPa(0.44 to 1.16psi).
So the sensor is normal as per GE spec.
I guess I got either 1 sensor in this 30% group or 3 sensors in this 30% group.

May I be the first to label this as a 6 sigma BS answer you received.